Turkish Poached Eggs Recipe (Çılbır) – How To Make Çılbır
Turkish Poached Eggs Recipe is a very delicious and popular breakfast egg recipe that belongs to turkey – Silber. If you are an egg lover, then you will definitely love this poached recipe. These Turkish poached eggs in yogurt are so delicious, creamy, delicate, and ahhhh so satisfying breakfast meal😍😍.
One more thing, this Turkish Poached Eggs Recipe belongs to those recipes that just stunned your mind, and you think how simple is this recipe and the taste is oh my god.
There are some more benefits of this recipe. are you curious to know about them? Okay, firstly this recipe is a low carb recipe and also a keto-friendly recipe. If you are on the keto diet, then you can add this recipe to your keto diet list.
If you are someone who likes poached eggs, sunny side eggs, or just simple eggs, you must give this Turkish poached recipe a shot. Because it’s surely going to make its way to every brunch menu once you try it.
It’s one of those dishes that will leave you wondering how a simple dish like this can taste so exquisite! And the best part? It’s a low-carb and keto-friendly recipe! If you’re someone who likes poached eggs, sunny side eggs, or just eggs, you must give this recipe a shot. It’s surely going to make its way to every brunch menu once you try it.
Pro Tips For Making Better Turkish Poached Eggs:
- If you use salted butter in this Turkish Poached Eggs Recipe (Çılbır), then make sure to add less amount of salt into the yogurt sauce.
- If you have some paprika butter leftover, then just take an airtight container and refrigerate extra paprika butter.
- Poach the eggs in gently simmering water otherwise, they would not set well.
- You can make scrambled eggs or omelets with strained parts of egg whites.
- If you are using hung curd in this Turkish Poached Eggs Recipe, then do not throw the leftover water, because the liquid water is whey and contains healthy nutrients like protein and some others. You can use this whey in mixing the dough, gravies, or stews.
Here Are Some Substitutes Options:
Can not eat raw garlic?
- If you don’t like to eat raw garlic cloves, add 1/4tsp garlic powder or firstly boil the garlic and then grate it. Hope it will work fine.
Is yogurt not available?
- If you don’t have yogurt in your kitchen, then you can use the hung curd in place of yogurt. Take bowl and place cheesecloth nicely on the bowl and add curd into it and let it strain for 1 hour. After one hour strains the water and whisks the hung curd nicely to get a clean and smooth texture.
If you don’t have fresh herbs?
- If fresh herbs aren’t available then you can use dried herbs of your choice. Remember the taste of the dish remains good without any herbs too.
Don’t like runny eggs?
- If you are a person who doesn’t like to eat runny eggs, then simmer the eggs for around 4 minutes and the eggs will set well.
Ingredients For Making Turkish Poached Eggs Recipe:
- Eggs – 4 no’s.
- Small clove of garlic – 1.
- Butter(salted/unsalted) – 3tbsp.
- Yougur – 4tbsp.
- Pinch of salt.
- Paprika – 1tsp (You can use 1/2tsp of chili flakes or chili powder if paprika not available).
- Vinegar – 1tsp.
- Mint or parsley.
Directions Of Making Turkish Poached Eggs Recipe:
Directions For Yogurt Sauce:
- First of all in a small bowl add 4 tbsp of yogurt, a pinch of salt, and 1 small clove of garlic(grated).
- After that mix well and keep it aside for further use.
Directions For Poached eggs:
- For perfect poached eggs, take a tea strainer and strain the watery part of egg whites with the help of a tea strainer.
- The watery part of egg whites creates stringy bites, so this step helps the eggs set better.
- Now, take a deep pan and fill this deep pan 5-6 inches with water and add 1 tsp of vinegar and bring it to a simmer. In this step, vinegar keeps the egg whites from getting stringy.
- Now gently pout the egg one at a time and simmer it for about 2 minutes(runny yolk) or simmer for 4 minutes (set yolk).
- Now, remove the eggs using a slotted spoon or strainer to drain the excess amount of water from the poached eggs.
Directions For Paprika Sauce:
- Take a pan and melt 3tbsp of butter(salted/unsalted) over low heat, remember do not use high heat or the butter will brown.
- When you see butter start simmers, then add the paprika powder, chili powder, or chili flakes and switch off the heat so it doesn’t burn, and mix well until well combined.
- The taste of this butter so good, you will want to add it to everything.
How To Serve Turkish Poached Eggs?
- The serving process is o simple. First of all, take a plate and spread the garlic yogurt sauce to the plate nicely and placed 2 poached eggs, and drizzle over the paprika butter sauce
- Lastly, garnish with mint or parsley.
- Enjoy this delicious and creamy breakfast with toast bread or by itself.
Tried This Recipe?
If you have made this Turkish Poached Eggs Recipe and liked it then do share the recipe link on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. For Instagram mention @cookingwithguru.
Here Are Some More Options:
Here Are Some More Options: