Looking for a quick and easy dinner idea? Try lemon pepper chicken! This dish is packed with flavour and can be cooked in just 30 minutes. Plus, it’s perfect for those busy weeknights.
Who says chicken can’t be exotic? With a little creativity and a sprinkle of spice, you can turn a simple bird into something truly special. This Lemon Pepper Chicken is a delicious, healthy meal that the entire family will love. Try this lemon pepper chicken recipe for a delicious, healthy meal that will leave your guests asking for seconds.
Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Ingredients For Making Lemon Pepper Chicken:
- 1 lb/450g chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp – olive oil
- 3 – garlic cloves
- fresh parsley
- lemon zest
— Ingredients For Marination —
- 1/2 tsp – Salt
- 1 tsp – crushed black pepper
- 1/2 – tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp – oregano/mixed herbs
- Lemon Juice: 1/2 lemon
Directions For Making Lemon Pepper Chicken:
- The very first step is, to cut 1 lb/450g chicken thighs or chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces about 1 inch thick
- After that add the marinade ingredients to the chicken, mix well and set aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Now, on medium flame, heat 3 tbsp olive oil and infuse 3 crushed garlic cloves.
- Add the chicken without overcrowding the pan. This way they will brown well.
- Now, sear on all sides until browned and cooked through.
- Chicken thighs will be ready in 5-6 mins and chicken breasts in 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and lemon zest.
- Finally, serve lemon pepper chicken immediately.
Here Are Some Substitutes:
• No lemons?
1 tbsp lime juice can be substituted. Avoid lime zest, however.
• No cumin powder?
• No oregano or mixed herbs?
Dried thyme, rosemary, tarragon, sage, mint and dill work well too.
• No fresh parsley?
Fresh cilantro/coriander works well too.
Here Are Some Tops For Perfect Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe:
- The chicken can be chopped and tossed into salad, sandwiches, wraps and pasta.
- Don’t overcook the chicken or it will get too tough.
- The salt and lemon quantity might change depending on taste. The amounts mentioned will be suitable for most but adjust at the end if needed.
Some More Chicken Recipe:
How To Store Leftover Lemon Pepper Chicken?
You may preserve any leftover Lemon Pepper Chicken by placing it in a food storage container that is airtight once it has been allowed to come to room temperature. Your leftovers will stay edible for about 4-5 days if they are kept correctly in the refrigerator.
What happens if you marinate chicken in lemon juice too long?
If you marinate chicken in lemon juice for too long, the acid in the lemon juice will start to break down the proteins in the chicken, causing it to become tough and dry.
Is lemon pepper a good flavour?
Yes, lemon pepper is a good flavour. It’s a mix of lemon and black pepper, and it’s a great way to add some spice to your food.
What’s lemon pepper used in?
Lemon pepper is a seasoning that is used in a variety of dishes. It is made up of lemon zest, black pepper, and salt. Lemon pepper can be used on chicken, fish, or vegetables.
Tried This Recipe:
If you have tried this easy lemon pepper chicken recipe, then please consider leaving a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comments section(This will really help me a lot to post really good and tasty recipes) – I’d love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to @cookingwithguru and say hello ASAP!!
Recipe Credits: Break The Spice