Did you know there’s a secret ingredient that makes pasta taste delicious and creamy? That’s right – it’s cream. And if you’re tired of eating noodles that are greasy, boring, and tasteless, then this easy creamy mushroom pasta recipe is just what you need.
If you’re anything like me, you love mushrooms. They’re tasty, versatile, and easy to cook with. The problem is, I find it almost impossible to find a recipe that I love. I’ve tried so many recipes that were good but not great. I’ve even made my own recipes, which were decent, but not exactly mind-blowing. The best mushroom recipes are ones that are quick and easy to make, yet delicious.
This easy creamy mushroom pasta recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. It is made with simple ingredients and can be prepared in just minutes. The creamy sauce is packed with flavour, and the pasta itself is tender and delicious. In this post, I’m going to share my favourite mushroom pasta recipe that’s also healthy and easy to make.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
Ingredients For Making Creamy Mushroom Pasta:
- 0.5 lb/250g mushrooms
- 2 servings of pasta (approx. 4 oz/120g)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp butter (unsalted preferred)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4-5 tbsp crème fraîche OR 1/3 cup heavy/fresh cream
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs (or herb of your choice)
- Salt as needed
- Parsley for garnish
Directions For Making Creamy Mushroom Pasta:
1. First of all clean and cut mushrooms into thick slices
2. After cleaning mince 1/2 large or 1 small onion. Mince 4 large/6 small cloves of garlic
3. Make a quick mushroom broth, boil water with salt and mushroom stalks for 15 minutes. Taste and add salt as needed
4. Now, on a medium-high flame, melt 1 tbsp butter with 1 tsp olive oil. Add mushrooms in a single layer and fry until browned on all sides. Add in batches if needed. Remove and set aside
5. Reduce flame to medium-low and melt 2 tbsp butter with some olive oil. Sauté minced onions and garlic until translucent
6. Add 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce to deglaze the pan. Add 1/2 cup mushroom broth, 1 tbsp mixed herbs, fried mushrooms, 1/2 tsp black pepper and simmer until the sauce has reduced to half
7. While the sauce is simmering, start cooking the pasta. It should take 8-9 minutes for the pasta to be al dente
8. When the sauce has reduced, add crème fraîche or cream to the mushrooms and mix well
9. Switch off the flame and add the grated parmesan cheese
10. Add the cooked pasta, and fresh parsley and mix well to combine. Add some pasta water if the sauce is too thick
11. Lastly, Serve and garnish with more parmesan cheese if needed.
Benefits of Eating Mushrooms:
Mushrooms are a type of fungi that can be found growing on trees and other plants. Although many people think of mushrooms as being poisonous, there are actually many beneficial properties to eating mushrooms. Some of the benefits of eating mushrooms include boosting the immune system, reducing inflammation, reducing cholesterol levels, improving cognitive function, and helping to regulate blood sugar levels.
How to Store Mushrooms and How Long They Last?
You may keep fresh mushrooms in the refrigerator for up to seven days after they have been purchased. If they have been cooked, they may be stored in the refrigerator for about three to five days.
Don’t cook the mushrooms until you’re ready to consume them. This will allow them to stay for a longer period of time in the refrigerator if you keep them in their natural state and don’t cut them up. Additionally, avoid washing the mushrooms before placing them in the refrigerator doing so can hasten the rate at which they rot. If they need a rinse, you should give them one just before you prepare to chop and cook them.
Here are some substitutes:
• No Worcestershire sauce?
Use 2 tsp soy sauce + 1/2 tsp sugar
• No fresh onion or garlic?
Use 1 tbsp onion powder and 2 tsp garlic powder
• No mixed herbs
Either of these work in dried or fresh form – oregano, parsley, thyme, marjoram and terragon
• No fresh crème fraîche/heavy cream/fresh cream?
Add 1/2 cup milk + 1 tsp flour and reduce until thickened
• No parmesan cheese?
Use cheese of your choice
Tips for perfect and delicious Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe:
• Cook mushrooms in a single layer on a medium-high flame to get perfectly golden mushrooms
• If mushrooms are crowded, they release too much water and turn mushy
• Giving mushrooms a quick rinse is perfectly fine as long as they are dried immediately
• Cook the sauce on low flame to incorporate the flavours well
• Taste and adjust the sauce to your liking before adding the pasta
• Meal prep the sauce and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Add in pasta as needed and enjoy!
Tried This Recipe:
If you have tried this delicious Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe, then please consider leaving a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comments section(This will really help me a lot to post really good and tasty recipes) – I’d love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to @cookingwithguru and say hello ASAP!!
Recipe Credits: Break The Spice