Creamy Tomato Chicken Breast Recipe!!
Creamy Tomato Chicken Breast Recipe is super easy to make. This delicious chicken breast recipe is sure to please! This is a super easy one-pot chicken dinner recipe that works perfectly as a meal prep option too.
It is tangy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor. You can add the whole chicken breast, cut it up or use shredded chicken, the sauce works with everything! The seasoning used for the chicken breast is super important and adds a delicious flavor to the sauce.
I’ve made a plain sauce here but you can go ahead and load it with bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, or any other veggies you like. Pair this delicious chicken breast recipe with pasta, rice, or steamed veggies for the perfect weeknight meal.
Ingredients For Making Creamy Tomato Chicken Breast Recipe:
- 2 Large Chicken breasts.
- Small onion – 1
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 4.
- Chicken stock or water – 1/2 cup.
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (sub: 1 tbsp ketchup)
- Tomato puree (fresh or canned) – 1 cup/230 ml.
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping/double cream (sub: fresh cream)
- Herbs – (basil, parsley, cilantro, or coriander)
- Chili flakes – 1 tsp (optional).
- Parmesan cheese (or preferred cheese) – 1/4 cup (optional).
- Sugar if the sauce is too sour – 1/2 tsp (optional).
Ingredients For Seasoning:
- Olive oil – 2 tsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Paprika – 1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
Here are some substitutes That You Can Use In This Recipe:
No tomato puree?
If you don’t have tomato puree, then you can use the following things in place of tomato puree.
- 2/3 cup water + 1/3 cup tomato paste.
- Crushed canned tomatoes – 1 cup.
What can be used instead of chicken stock?
You can use the following things in place of chicken stock.
- 1/ cup water + 1 stock cube.
- Plain water.
No fresh herbs?
If fresh herbs are not available, then you can use the following.
- Dried herbs of choice – 1 tsp.
Directions For Making Creamy Tomato Chicken Breast Recipe:
- Today I will make a creamy tomato chicken recipe.
- For Seasoning:
- Take a small bowl and add all the ingredients of the seasoning section in this bowl and mix them nicely.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut them again the grains or use whole.
- Now, coat the chicken breasts nicely with the seasoning mixture.
- Finely chop 1 small onion and 4 cloves of garlic.
- Fresh or canned 1 cup / 230 ml tomato puree.
- If you want to make a fresh tomato puree at home, then blend 5 small tomatoes and strain to remove seeds and pulp for a smooth puree.
- Now, take a pan and preheat the pan on medium flame and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Sear the chicken for 3 minutes per side.
- Let the chicken be slightly undercooked as it will be cooked again in the sauce.
- If the pan gets too dry, then add some more oil.
- Now, set chicken breasts aside for later use.
- Reduce the flame to low and add 1 tbsp of butter to the same pan.
- Now, add the onions to the pan and saute until it turns translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 10 seconds(add 1 tsp chili flakes, optional).
- Now, add the tomato puree, mix properly and increase the flame to medium-high.
- Take a pinch of salt and sprinkle to help the tomatoes cook faster.
- Add 1 tbsp tomato paste( 1tbsp ketchup, substitute).
- Cook until the sauce has reduced to a thick paste.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock or water and mix properly.
- Now, add a small bunch of herbs – basil, parsley, or cilantro/coriander work well.
- If the sauce is too sour, then add 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Reduce the flame to low and add 1/2 cup heavy cream(fresh cream. substitute).
- Optional: add 1/2 cup parmesan or any preferred cheese.
- Taste the sauce for salt, add the chicken breasts and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with some fresh basil/parsley/cilantro/coriander.
- Serve this with pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, or steamed veggies.
Some Extra Tips For Perfect Recipe:
• Cooking the tomato puree well enhances the flavor of the sauce.
• If the sauce feels too sour, add 1/2 tsp sugar
• Adding the cheese makes the sauce even more delicious
• If you like a spicy sauce, add chili flakes while adding the garlic
Finally, our delicious, juicy creamy tomato chicken breasts are ready to serve. I hope you will definitely like this creamy and juicy chicken breast recipe.
I am very happy to see your positive feedback about this creamy tomato chicken breasts recipe in the comment section.
If you make this creamy and juicy chicken breast recipe, then just tag us on Instagram by typing @guru_recipes9 on Instagram. I will be very happy to see your recipe pictures. Thanks.
Here Are Some More Options: