Easy Egg fried rice recipe | Best egg fried rice | How to make egg fried rice
Today I’m sharing my easy simple egg-fried rice recipe. This recipe tastes very similar to takeout/restaurant-style egg-fried rice.
If you’re looking for the perfect egg fried rice recipe at this, this is the recipe for you! Few things that make this egg-fried rice great are pan-frying the rice and using chicken stock powder.
Frying the rice gives it that delicious wok-tossed texture even though this is cooked on lower heat. It’s hard to get the perfect fried rice texture without a strong burner and wok but this step takes care of it.
Chicken stock cubes add that umami flavor without a hint of sweetness. Give this easy egg-fried rice a try and pair it with a spicy Asian side dish to complete the meal. Or feel free to load up this egg-fried rice recipe with veggies and protein to make it a complete meal!
Ingredients For Making Easy Egg Fried Rice Recipe :
- green onions/scallions/spring onions -4.
- soy sauce (regular/light) – 1tbsp.
- cooking oil – 3tbsp.
- cooked rice -2 cups.
- Garlic cloves – 4.
- chicken stock powder – 1/2tsp.
- crushed black pepper – 1/2tsp.
- Salt (only if needed as soy sauce and stock powder have salt).
No chicken stock powder?
- 1/2 tsp bouillon powder.
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce + 1/2 tsp sugar.
- 1/2 tsp MSG + 1/2 tsp sugar.
- 1/2 tsp veggie stock powder.
Want to use freshly made rice?
(use 1/4 cup less water than usual) – Prepare slightly undercooked rice.
Spread the hot rice on a plate and keep them cool down.
Use only once the rice has completely cooled.
Directions For Making Easy Egg Fried Rice Recipe :
- First of all, we need 2 cups of cooked rice, preferably leftover cold rice is best for this recipe.
- Separate the rice, so there are no chunks.
- The rice should be not bee to soft or the fried rice will turn mushy.
- For making sauce take a bowl and add (chicken stock powder – 1/2tsp, and soy sauce (regular/light) – 1tbsp) and mix well.
- Now, mince 4 garlic cloves, and add more or less depending on preferences.
- Mince the white part of 4 green onions/spring onions.
- Now, chop the green part and set it aside for garnish.
- Crack 4 eggs(2 per serving).
- Add a pinch of salt in eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Now, take a pan and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil into a wok/pan.
- Saute the garlic and green onion on a medium flame for around 30 seconds.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and push from the sides to form layers.
- This will make the eggs fluffier.
- Now, push the eggs to a corner and add 1 tbsp of cooking oil to the pan.
- Add the rice and toss the eggs over it.
- Fry the rice on a medium flame for 4*5 minutes, and turning every 10 seconds.
- Add the sauce mix well and let it fry for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the green onions, mix until it’s slightly wilted, and switch off the flame.
- Finally, our super easy, delicious easy egg fried rice is ready to serve.
- This recipe makes 2 medium portions.
- The grains of rice are separate, light, and fried well.
- This easy-fried rice pairs well with any Asian side dish.
• Make sure the rice has no chunks while adding it to the pan/wok.
• If adding veggies, meat, or other ingredients to the fried rice, cook them first and keep them separately. Once the eggs and rice are fried, add the cooked ingredients and proceed with adding the sauce.
• Add sliced chilies with green onions to make Egg fried extra spicy.
Finally, our delicious, easy egg-fried rice recipe is ready. I hope you will definitely like this egg-fried rice recipe.
I am very happy to see your positive feedback about this egg-fried rice in the comment section.
If you make this egg-fried rice, then just tag us on Instagram by typing @guru_recipes9 on Instagram. I will be very happy to see your recipe pictures. Thanks.
Here Are Some More Options: