Crispy Potato Fries At Home – Crispy Potato Bites!!
Crispy potato fries at home is a very simple recipe. Today I’m making my extra crispy potato fries bites. This recipe uses the double frying method with cornstarch so that you get extra crispy fries every single time! These potato bites are super addictive so be sure to make a large batch as you can store them in the freezer after the first round of frying is done.
This way you always have them on hand whenever the craving hits! I used this recipe to make potato bites but it can also be used to make crispy potato wedges or crispy french fries too. This recipe is a foolproof way to get crispy fries at home every single time.
Just make sure to cool the fries after the first round of frying is done. It might be a bit soggy at this point but the second fry will remove all the moisture and turn it extra crisp.
Ingredients For Making Crispy Potato Fries At Home:
- starchy potatoes – 1 kg.
- Salt – 1tbsp.
- cornstarch/cornflour – 4tbsp.
- Water as needed.
- Cooking oil as needed.
- Chilli powder -1/2tbsp.
- Black pepper powder – 1/2tsp.
- Garlic powder -1/2tsp.
- Salt – 1/2tsp.
- Crushed dried oregano – 1tsp.
- Crushed dried parsley – 1tsp.
Sauce For Dipping:
- Ketchup – 2tbsp.
- Hot sauce/chilli powder – 1tsp.
- Mayonnaise – 1tbsp.
Directions For Making Crispy Potato Bites:
- First of all, start with peeling and dicing the 1kg starchy potatoes.
- Now, after peeling cut them into bite-sized pieces and try to keep them evenly sized.
- After cutting them, now wash them properly and soak them in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes with 1tbsp salt, it should turn tender but no soft.
- Now, drain pat dry and coat the potatoes in 4tbsp cornstarch/cornflour.
- You can use a box or ziplock bag to coat the potatoes with cornstarch.
- After coating nicely, now heat oil in a deep pot to avoid too much splatter.
- When the oil is hot enough to fry, add the potatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- When the potatoes start to turn golden, strain and set them aside to cool.
- After it cools, it can be stored in the freezer and used at a later time too.
- You can skip or replace the dried herbs with what you prefer.
- After the potatoes have cooled, fry again until it’s golden brown.
- For extra crispy potato bites, coating with cornstarch and double frying turn the potatoes as it gives extra crispy bites in potatoes.
- Now, transfer the fried potatoes into a bowl and mix in the seasoning powder.
- Toss them with the help of a shaking bowl, do not touch your fingers to mix them as potato bites are too hot.
- Now, take a bowl and add all the sauces and mix well until smooth.
- Believe me, these crispy potato bites are so addictive.
- I always make a large batch and store it in the freezer after the first fry.
- One more thing, the sauce dip is so easy and also very delicious.
- These crispy potatoes bites at home are perfect with a chilled drink.
- The special thing about these homemade potatoes bites are, they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Serve hot homemade crispy potato bites with a delicious sauce.
Extra Tips For Crispy Potato Bites:
• Boiling the potatoes in salted water helps to enhance their flavour and turns the inside soft.
• The longer the potatoes cool after the first fry, the crispier the end result.
• The seasoning powder needs to be added while the fries are very hot.
• Cornstarch can be replaced with potato starch.
Finally, our delicious, crispy potato bites at home are ready to serve. I hope you will definitely like these homemade crispy potato bites recipe.
I am very happy to see your positive feedback about these crispy potato bites recipe in the comment section.
If you make these crispy potato bites recipe, then just tag us on Instagram by typing @guru_recipes9 on Instagram. I will be very happy to see your recipe pictures. Thanks.
Here Are Some More Options: