Chhena Poda Recipe – Chhena Poda without oven!!
Chhena Poda recipe discovered expediently. The meaning of this chhena poda dish is roasted cheese in the Oriya language.
You can see the very similar texture and appearance on chhena poda to any baked sponge cake. But unique taste makes this chhena poda different from baked sponge cake.
Odissa or Bengali recipes are well known for their extensice use of chhena and milk in their dessert recipes, and chhena poda also belongs to the dessert family.
Basically, the chhena is shaped and boiled in milk or water to make a classic dessert recipe, but the chhena poda dish is very unique, where the sweetened chhena is baked and burnt to have a unique and flavorful combination of taste.
History Of Chhena Poda Recipe.
Chhea poda has an interesting history behind its creation. This recipe is discovered accidentlly. Once, the owner of the bakery decided to preserve the sweetened chenna in a preheated oven which later turned to be scrumptious cake-like dessert.
From the time of creation to the present, this chhena poda recipe has taken all over India and this chhena poda recipe is one the most popular dessert recipe in India.
You can give some variations in this chhena poda recipe. You can also add nuts of your choice in this chhena poda but this is completely optional.
But, if you want to use nuts and make chhena poda more crunchy, you can use nuts as per your choice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes : Cooking time is 50 minutes in the pressure cooker or 200° C for 1 hour in the oven
Ingredients For Making Cheena Poda Recipe:
- Salt – 1 cup.
- Milk – 2 ltr.
- Lemon – 1(juice).
- Sugar – 1/2 cup.
- Chenna water – 1tbsp.
- Baking soda – a pinch.
- Oil – 1/2tsp.
- Green cardamom powder – 1tsp.
- Cashewnut – 8-10(chopped).
- Almonds – 5-6(chopped).
- Pistachios – 6-8(blanched, chopped).
- Semoline – 2tsp.
- Salt – a pinch.
Directions For Making Cheena Poda Recipe:
- First of all, take a large saucepot, and add 2-litre milk to the saucepot and bring it to boil.
- Now, we add lemon juice to the milk and keep on stirring and you will see clearly the milk getting curdled.
- When you see the milk gets curdled, pour the curdled milk into a bowl with a muslin cloth or cotton napkin.
- Now, gently squeeze out the remaining whey from it.
- Keep the remaining whey for later use.
- In a bowl or parat, add the prepared chenna crumble and mash slightly and nicely and make sure the texture of chenna is uniform.
- Now, we add green cardamom powder, sugar and mix nicely until the sugar melts properly/completely.
- Add all the chopped dry fruits, and semolina and mix them nicely
- Now, take a small bowl and mix baking soda and oil together, and transfer it into a parat and mix it nicely.
- Add a little amount of remaining whey water to the chhena and prepare a smooth cake batter consistency.
- Preheat the oven at 200° C.
- Now, grease a cake mould with oil.
- Place the sal leaves into the cake mould.
- Now, pour the chhena poda mixture into the mould nicely and tap twice.
- And cover the mould with the lid nicely.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for around 1 hour or 50 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- Now, bake chhena poda till the top crust gets a dark golden color, and after that remove from the oven once done.
- After that, check with a toothpick or bamboo skewer and make sure it should be clean.
- Make sure there should be no sticky batter on the toothpick.
- Now, let the chhena poda cool completely in the pan properly.
- After that, remove the chhena poda from the pan and cut it into pieces.
- Now, transfer the chhena poda into a serving plate and serve it.
Finally, our unique chhena poda recipe is ready to serve. If you follow all the steps, the i believe you can make chhena poda recipe at home and maybe this is a good one than mine version.
I am very happy to see your positive feedback about this potato cheese pancakes recipe in the comment section.
If you make this pound cake, then just tag us on Instagram by typing @guru_recipes9 on Instagram. I will be very happy to see your recipe pictures. Thanks
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES: