Taiyaki – Taiyaki Recipe – How To Make Taiyaki!!
Taiyaki(鯛焼き), is a fish shape cake, which is very popular in Japan and also considers one of the famous street food, also this fish shape cake is popular in japan festivals. Nos as the name shown, this recipe belongs to japan. The shape of this cake is just the same as a seasonal fish of japan which is called “Tai”, so, that’s why this cake is called Taiyaki cake.
This fish shape sweet cake is perfect for your children’s school snack or for their breakfast. They will love this cake. Because this taste is so good and so flavorful. The great thing about this taiyaki cake, it’s low in fat and filled with red bean paste(Here you can use your own favorite filling for taiyaki).
You can use Nutella, chocolate bars, custard, for fillings which totally depends on your choice. You can enjoy this taiyaki cake with someone special at any time in the whole year, but the flavor, the taste gets doubled in the winter season. You will love the combination of the winter season and warm taiyaki cake. If you have kids, then believe me they will fall in love with this fish-like taiyaki cake recipe.
How To Make Red Bean Paste
Now, in this recipe, we will use red bean paste for filling. So, in this section, you will learn how to make red beans paste at home. Basically, these red beans paste known as “Anko” and the filling is made with adzuki beans.
So, for making rec beans paste for filling. Take adzuki beans and soaked them overnight and in next day just boil these beans until beans get completely tender.
Now, add sugar according to your taste preference and mash the beans and sugar mixture, and turned this mixture into a smooth and plain texture paste.
- If you don’t want to make this paste at home or don’t like to make it due to some reason. Just go to any Japanese store and buy this red beans paste from there as it is available easily.
Filling Variations For Taiyaki Recipe:
In this recipe, we will use red bean paste for filling. But, this taiyaki cake recipe is a versatile recipe. So, it means you can use any kind of filling for this sweet cake that you like. traditionally, the filling used for this cake is a sweet red beans paste(adzuki beans) filling, but this recipe works well with almost all kinds of fillings.
Here are some options, that you will use as a filling for the cake.
- Sweet potato paste filling.
- Matcha cream filling.
- Cheese filling.
- Nutella filling.
- Custard filling.
- Chocolate bar filling.
How To Store Taiyaki Cakes?
Well, why do you store tayaki cakes? Maybe there are some leftovers. Anyways whatever the reason behind storing the cakes. Just note that how to store them.
But, the taste is so good of these cakes if you eat these cakes right after they are dished out because these cakes are warm, crispy, and fluffy too. So, there are two ways to store these cakes.
Take an air-tight container and refrigerate them and the softness, moisture, and texture will remain the same if you use an airtight container and these cakes can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
For a long time storing taiyaki, then the best option is to freeze it. Now, for freezing taiyaki cakes. Take a plastic wrap and wrap each taiyaki cake in a plastic wrap and places them in an air-tight container or in a sealable bag. In this way, you can store your leftover taiyaki in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
How To Reheat Taiyaki Cakes?
Well, you can reheat taiyaki cakes in three different ways. These methods are listed below.
When you want to reheat your cakes, just heat the pan without using a drop of oil. Just fry them and you will get the crispy external cake surface.
Now toasted taiyaki cakes are yummy, delicious, and crispy too. This is the best way to reheat taiyaki cakes. But for toasting, your cakes must be the same size as the size of your toaster. And if your cakes are not fit in your toaster, then just go for the other two reheating methods.
Heating in Microwave.
In this method, you can reheat your taiyaki cakes in the microwave for 20 seconds. But, after reheating in the microwave your cakes will lose crispness.
Some Pro Tips:
Here are some tips, if you follow these tips. Your taiyaki cake better then noramal taiyaki cake.
- If you like sweet cake, then skip the salt option. Because salt is just added to balance the taste of sugar.
- All other countries’ cakes are sweeter than Japanese cakes. Because in Japanese recipes they use less sugar. But, if you are a sugar lover and like to make teriyaki sweeter. Use sugar according to your own preferences.
- If you use only milk, the cake gets dense. So, using an equal amount of water and milk will make the teriyaki cake lighter and fluffier.
- You can also use ready-made red bean paste for this recipe.
- Here you can use pancake flour in place of all-purpose flour because it works well for taiyaki recipe.
Ingredients For Making Taiyaki:
- Sugar – 1tbsp.
- Salt – 1/2tsp.
- All-purpose flour – 140g(1 Cup).
- Baking powder – 16g(2 Tsp).
- Milk – 4 oz(1/2 Cup).
- Egg – 1 small.
- Water – 4 oz(1/2 Cup).
- Milk chocolate bar/Sweetened red bean paste/Nutella(or your favorite fillings).
- Vegetable oil for brushing the pan – 1tsp.
Directions For Making Taiyaki:
- First of all, take a clean bowl and add all the dry ingredients into the bowl(baking powder, sugar, salt, all-purpose flour), and stir well.
- Now, add liquid ingredients(water and milk) and egg and whisk gently until well combined.
- Place the teriyaki pan on the heat at low flame for around 1-2 minutes each sie, this is to warm up the teriyaki pan.
- Now, open the taiyaki pan and grease the pan both upper and lower fish molds with vegetable oil.
- Pour the ready-to-go batter into one side of the fish mold until mold is half full, now, add 1 tbsp of a chocolate bar or red bean paste or your favorite filling in the center, and fill up the rest of the fish mold with batter.
- Now, close the taiyaki pan and cook each side for around 1 minute on medium flame or cooked around 2 minutes on low flame.
- Remember, each brand taiyaki pan is different. So, you will need to experiment with taiyaki pan and burner to find the right amount of time to cook each side of the taiyaki pan until it is evenly browned.
- After time is complete, just remove the pan from heat and serve, serve when taiyaki is warm and fresh. Enjoy taiyaki ASAP.
Tried This Recipe:
If you have tried this easy blackened chicken recipe, then please consider leaving a 5star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comments section(This will really help me a lot to post really good and tasty recipes) – I’d love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to @cookingwithguru and say hello ASAP!!