Street Style Masala puri Recipe | Bangalore Street Style Masala Poori Chaat Recipe
Street Style Masala puri recipe is a spicy, tangy, and chatpata taste and this is tasty street food from Bangalore, India.
Street Style Masala Puri is a very popular south Indian or Bangalore Indian street food. This street-style masala puri recipe is prepared with fried puris and white peas curry. This recipe is very easy to make. Just assemble some ingredients in a given way and your street style masala puri is ready.
This masala puri is originated in Mysore and Bangalore region, but this masala puri has taken over all the big and major cities of the Indian region.
Simple and easy street style masala puri recipe has different origins and each origin has its own recipe variations.
However, the variation from south India like Mysore and Bangalore region has taken this street style recipe to another level.
Unlike most of the Indian regions, in Bangalore, this street-style masala puri chaat is made spicy with lots of ragda gravy.
Also, deep-fried snacks like puri, sev, and fine mixture are topped with chutneys, and taramind chutney, and in each bite you will feel the flavor, spiciness in this recipe and this is the main reason for its popularity.
This street-style masala chaat puri is perfect for rainy or chilly days when you want something spicy, hot, and delicious. But, you can have masala puri at any time or any month of the year, whenever you want to eat something spicy, hot and delicious, and tangy.
Some Tips For Making Best Masala Puri:
- Use fresh white peas, because old peas take a longer time to cook, and also you did not get the fresh flavor in old peas. So, use fresh peas.
- Also, don’t use fresh frozen white peas for this recipe, if you do not want a mushy, gooey gravy.
- Spices add the flavor, that makes this street-style masala puri such a crowd-pleasing dish.
- If you want the best results, use deep fry puris or you can use ready-to-eat Pani puris too.
Ingredients For Making Street Style Masala Puri:
Masala Puri Recipe:
- 1 cup – white peas.
- 1 (medium-sized) – (roughly cut) Potato.
- 1/2tsp – Turmeric Powder.
- 1 1/4tsp – Salt.
- 3 cups – water.
- 2tbsp – Oil.
- 1/2tsp – Garam masala.
- 1/2tsp – Cumin powder.
- 1/2tsp – Coriander powder.
- 1tsp – Red chili powder.
Ingredients For Making Masala Paste:
- 1/2tsp – cumin seeds.
- 2tbsp – oil.
- Fennel seeds – 1tsp.
- 1 cup – sliced onion.
- 1-inch piece of cinnamon.
- 1tbsp – ginger garlic paste.
- 1/2cup – sliced tomato.
- 1/2 cup – Mint leaves.
- 1/2 cup – Coriander leaves.
Ingredients For Serving:
- Finely chopped onion.
- Tamarind chutney.
- Green chutney.
- Chaat masala.
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
Directions For Making Street style Masala Puri:
- First of all, take a bowl and soak the given amount of white peas in water overnight, for at least 8 hours.
- After, that drain the water from peas and wash them with fresh water and add them to a pressure cooker, along with salt, potato, turmeric powder, and water.
- Now, close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5 whistles on medium flame.
- After that, open the pressure cooker and mash it partly, and leaving some peas whole too, and take it aside for later use.
Directions For Making Masala Paste:
- Take a pan and heat oil in this pan and add fennel seeds, cinnamon, and cumin seeds.
- Now, add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
- After translucent, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes to remove the raw taste.
- Now, add tomatoes and again saute until it turns mushy, add the coriander and mint leaves, mix it and turn off the flame.
- Now, cool down the mixture and grind it into a paste with the help of a grinder.
Some Other Steps:
- Take a pan and heat oil in this pan over a low flame, and add all the spice powders that are mentioned in the other ingredients section and mix them nicely
- After that, add the masala paste that we prepared previously and cook until the raw taste goes away around 4 minutes.
- Now, add the cooked peas mixture that we prepared in the first step and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add some more water if needed and cook till the desired consistency is reached.
Directions For Serving:
- First, of all take a plate and crush the puris and place them on the plate.
- Now, pour the peas that we just prepared over it.
- Top it with the chopped onions, chutneys, tomato, chaat masala, sev, and coriander leaves.
- And that’s all our delicious Masala Puri chaat is ready to eat, enjoy it and have a good day.
Tried This Recipe?
If you have made this street style masala puri chaat recipe and liked it then do share the recipe link on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. For Instagram mention @cookingwithguru.
Here Are Some More Options: