Aloo tuk chaat recipe is super delicious in its taste. Honestly speaking, I can not explain in words how delicious and tasty this aloo tuk chaat recipe. You must try it out at once at home. I know it is a lengthy and complex recipe, but believe me, the results are just amazing.
When You Tryout This Recipe?
Well, there is no proper time to eat this aloo tuk chaat You can try this at any time whenever you want but if you really want to enjoy this side dish snack then my recommendation is to try this in monsoon season, you just got surprised believe me.
What Is Aloo Tuk?
Now basically aloo tuk belong to Sindh and that’s why this is called a Sindhi dish, I mean this aloo tuk people mostly serve as a side dish as well as snacks, but today we will make aloo tuk chat which is completely outstanding and super delicious.
What Makes Aloo Tuk Chaat More Special?
The very special thing about this aloo tuk chaat is the potatoes are fried twice and that’s why you feel crisp hahaha, And your kids also loved this recipe. If I say this dish is everyone’s favorite then this is not wrong. Hope you like it. enjoy.
Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 20 min Ready in 35-40 min
Ingredients For Aloo Tuk Chaat Recipe:
For Aloo Tuk:
- 8-10 small-size Raw Potatoes.
- Turmeric ½ tsp.
- Red chili powder 1 tsp.
- Cumin powder 1 tsp.
- Amchur powder 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder 1 tsp.
- Pepper a pinch.
- Oil for frying.
- Salt to taste.
- First of all, peel the raw potatoes and wash them properly with fresh water.
- After that cut these potatoes in half, now if potatoes are in big size then choose to cut them in quarters.
- Now wash these cut potatoes and soak them in fresh water for 6-10 minutes, make sure to add a pinch of salt in the water.
- When all the potatoes are soaked then strain and wash again all these potatoes with fresh water and pat dry with a tissue roll or dry cotton cloth to dry out these potatoes.
- Now take a wok and put oil in frying wok, add a pinch of salt.
- Then deep fry these potatoes for 2 minutes in hot oil so the potatoes form crust.
- After that lower, the flame to medium-low heat and continue to deep fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Make sure to fries these potatoes until they are almost cooked.
- If you want to cross-check just insert a toothpick and if it feels like it’s done take it out, and if you feel doesn’t anything then you can fry further for a few minutes say2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, you can see these potatoes’ color turn to a light golden brown.
- When golden brown color appears then take out these potatoes on an absorbent sheet and allow them to cool down a bit.
- Now take a bowl and smash them with light hands so the potatoes should hold themselves and not disintegrate fry frying for the second time.
- If you would like to smash it with your hands then ok, otherwise you can use any other thing for smashing, and after smashing allow it to cool down a little bit to handle.
- Now once all the potatoes are mashed heat the oil on high flame.
- After that flash fry mashed potatoes until they turn crisp and golden brown.
- Lastly, take it out on an absorbent paper and keep it aside.
Extra Tip For Aloo Tuk Chaat Recipe:
Make sure Do not disturb the potatoes for a minute and fry them until crisp and Turn into golden brown colour.
- Now take a wok or frying pan on medium-high flame and then add 1 tsp oil, turmeric powder, and sauté the turmeric briefly for few seconds so the turmeric doesn’t taste raw.
- After that now we add red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Now finally add the crispy fried potatoes, toss them properly to coat all the spices.
- Finally, after very hard work our aloo tuk is ready for making the chaat.
- Crispy fried aloo tuk that we just prepared above.
- Green chutney
- Red garlic chutney
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- Ginger (julienned)
- Black salt
- Tamarind chutney
- Raw Beetroot (julienned)
- Chaat masala
- Jeera powder
- curd(as desired).
- First of all, aloo(potatoes) tossed up in spices.
- Now take a mixing bowl and transfer it to a mixing bowl and break it into chunks.
- After that now we add chutneys, pomegranate seeds, fresh coriander, and ginger, mix gently and properly.
- Now top this with whisked curd, ginger juliennes, beetroot juliennes, some more chutneys, that you like or want.
- After that now sprinkle some black salt chaat masala powder, jeera powder.
- You can tweak the toppings as per your adaptation.
- Lastly, serve immediately to enjoy crispy aloo tuk chaat.
Some Extra Tips:
- I use small size potatoes if you want then you can use medium size potatoes and cut them into thick slices.
- For the first time fry potatoes on low flame so that all potatoes cooked inside.
- if you do not want mushy potatoes then don’t overcook remember.
- When you fry potatoes a second time then make sure your flame should be high.
One thing that is important that I put lot’s of hardworking making this recipe and I just want to share with all other peoples who want to try different recipes, so if you really like this then just share your feedback in the comment section. I will be very happy after seeing you in the comment section. Thanks,