Matar Paneer Recipe Dhaba Style – Homemade Matar Paneer Recipe.
Matar paneer recipe Dhaba style is one of the most famous dishes in India. This Dhaba-style Matar paneer recipe makes with peas and cottage cheese which is absolutely very delicious, and creamy.
We use fresh paneer and fresh green peas for making this creamy and delicious Matar paneer recipe Dhaba style at home. This is one of the most famous Indian style curries. Believe me, this will be a big hit always on every special occasion or event.
What Is Meant By Matar Paneer Recipe Dhaba Style?
Dhaba style matar, muttor, or Mattar paneer is a vegetarian curry, that consist of peas and paneer. This Dhaba style matar paneer recipe is simmered in tomato sauce and seasoned with garam masala and with some other additional spices.
Basically, mattar is an Indian word. Which means “peas”. And we use cottage cheese as paneer.
Now, this recipe belongs to the north Indian state of Punjab and this matar paneer recipe Dhaba style is served along with roti, steamed rice, etc.
Can We Make This Matar Paneer Recipe Ahead?
Yes, of course, you can. For making ahead, just make the sauce and puree it and refrigerate it. You can keep the gravy safe for up to three days.
When you want to serve this dish, just take it out from the refrigerator and add peas and paneer, and cover it. Now, simmer for 30 min on the stove. And your delicious matar paneer recipe Dhaba style is ready to serve.
Some Serving Suggestions For Matra Paner Recipe Dhaba Style:
Now, there are lots of serving options are available out there. But, traditionally this delicious recipe served along with roti or rice, chapati, or naan.
But here are some more options that include yogurt dips and rice dishes that are perfect for your matar paneer recipe Dhaba style. And believe these pair make this dish a complete meal.
- Cucumber Raita: Make a refreshing and cool yogurt dip and add chopped cucumber into it. This is refreshing with matar paneer.
- Cumin Rice: Steamed basmati rice with cumin flavor is amazing.
- Avocado Raita: Make a yogurt dip and combine this with ripe avocado and blend them for a creamy flavor.
- Boondi Raita: Boondi raite is an Indian famous yogurt dip, which is made with crisp chickpea pearls in seasoned yogurt. Believe me, this is very satisfying and crunchy.
- Spinach Rice: Make a healthy and tasty rice dish, which is cooked a ton of baby spinach and basmati rice.
- Steamed Basmati Rice: Just add a pinch of salt while making simple flavorful basmati rice.
Can We Freeze/Store Matar Paneer Recipe Dhaba Style?
Of course. Why not, you can store matar paneer recipe Dhaba style for up to one month. Storing process is very simple. Juts cool the Dhaba style matar paneer at room temperature.
Take an airtight container or ziplock bag, and place your matar paneer into one of them and seal tight, label the date and freeze your matar paneer dish. This dish stays safe for up to one month in your freezer.
When you are ready to reheat your matar paneer, just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat over a medium flame until warmed through. Now, adding a few tbsp of water to prevent the curry from tightening up too much while reheating the process.
Is Matar Paneer Recipe Dhaba Style Is Healthy?
Of course, this is a super healthy meal. Because paneer/cheese is a good source of protein and calcium. While in the other hand, you got a good amount of plant-based protein from peas.
Now it is the most in-demand recipe in the winter session because in its season fresh peas are available everywhere. you can also make this matar paneer dish in any season with frozen peas.
Simple But Delicious Matar Paneer Recipe:
You may notice that restaurant-style recipes have a very long list of ingredients but you can not need all of these ingredients.
you just need some major ingredients to make this matar paneer recipe. The combination of fresh peas and cottage cheese just amazing. enjoy with naan, boiled rice, or chooses whatever you want.
Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 15 min Ready in 30 min.
Ingredients For Making Matar Paneer Recipe Dhaba Style:
Ingredients For Tomato Puree:
- 1 no – Green chili.
- 5-6 medium size – Tomatoes.
- 1 inch – Ginger.
Ingredients For Frying Paneer:
- 500 gram – Paneer(cubes).
- 1 inch (julienned) – Ginger.
- 1-2 nos – Green chilies(slit).
- 1 tsp oil + 1 tbsp ghee.
Ingredients For Making Gravy:
- 2 tsp – jeera(cumin).
- 2-3 nos – Green chillies(chooped).
- 1 tbsp oil + 2 tbsp ghee.
- 2 tbsp – Ginger garlic paste.
- 1 tbsp – Fresh coriander stems(chopped).
- 3-4 medium sized onions(chopped).
- 1 tbsp – Coriander powder.
- 1/4th tsp – turmeric powder.
- 1 tsp – Spicy red chili powder.
- 1 tsp – Garam masala.
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1tbsp.
- 2 cups – Green peas.
- 1 tbsp – Gram flour.
- Pinch of salt.
- Hot/Warm water as required.
- 2 tbsp – Cashe paste.
- Large pinch of garam masala.
- Chopped(handful) of fresh coriander leaves.
- 1 inch (julienned – Ginger.
- 1 tsp – Kasuri methi.
Directions For Matar Paneer Recipe:
Directions For Tomato Puree:
- First of all, take fresh tomatoes, and roughly cut them, and transfer them to a grinding jar.
- Now, along with these tomatoes, add ginger and green chili, and grind them to a nice/fine tomato puree.
Directions For Frying Paneer:
- For frying the paneer, take a pan and set this pan on medium flame.
- Now, add oil + ghee, green chilies, ginger, paneer, shallow fry the paneer from both sides properly until the paneer cubes turn into golden brown color.
Directions For Gravy:
- For making gravy for matar paneer, take a wok and set this wok on medium flame.
- Now, add oil + ghee, green chilies, cumin, fresh coriander stems, and garlic-ginger paste, and saute all these things on medium-high flame for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions and cook until they turned into brown color.
- Now, further, lower the flame and add the gram flour, powdered spices, and pinch of salt, mix all these things properly and add a dash of hot water to avoid the masalas from burning, and cook until the ghee is separated.
- Ok, now we are ready to add freshly prepared tomato puree, salt to taste, and cashew paste, mix it properly and cook nicely on medium-high heat until the ghee is separated.
- Now, add hot water as required and add green peas and cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat
- To adjust the consistency of the gravy, just add 500 ml of hot/warm water or more.
- Stir properly and cover and cook for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. make a sure to stir in intervals.
- Now, here quality of beans matters. Because your cooking time depends on the quality of green peas. So, make sure while buying green peas, must buy good, fresh, and quality green peas.
- When your gravy is almost cooked, just add the shallow fried paneer cubes, and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now, add the Kasuri methi, garam masala, and ginger juliennes, mix them properly and add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix it gently and cook for the last 1-2 minutes, and here is your delicious restaurant-style paneer matar is ready.
- Serve hot with paratha, roti, naan, or any Indian bread that you like, or add your own preferences.
You can serve this delicious matar paneer dish garnish with coriander leaves with roti, naan, puri, paratha, or steamed rice e or cumin rice, or whatever you want.