Homemade Vanilla Wafers Recipe.
Vanilla wafers recipe is a super simple recipe. This recipe is made with a handful amount of ingredients. Believe me, the smooth texture, and crunchy taste just blow your mind.
These simple and classic butter cookies are super simple to make and these cookies match perfectly with lots of sweet desserts like pudding, ice cream, and so many other desserts.
You can feel the real melting process of these cookies in your mouth, which just happened after taking the very first bite of these nilla wafers.
These vanilla wafers are very delicious soaked in coffee, milk, tea, or hot chocolate.
This Is Reall Vanilla Wafers Recipe:
I try out many other vanilla wafers recipes out there. But, the taste of these is not too good. The taste of these vanilla wafers is just amazing. These vanilla wafers have a crunchy/crispy texture.
These wafers are just started melting in my mouth when I take the first bite. And believe me, I feel the intensely fragrant vanilla flavor and rich buttery flavor in these wafers.
What Are Actually Vanilla Wafers?
These homemade vanilla wafers are also known as nilla wafers in the united states. These vanilla wafers are light, crispy, vanilla-flavored wafers just start melting in your mouth foodies.
The amazing thing is that we just need a handful amount of ingredients while making this vanilla wafers recipe. And I believe all these ingredients already available in your kitchen.
Can We Store Homemade Vanilla Wafers?
Yes, you can store your homemade vanilla wafers. But, here is the complete process. Hoe to store them.
Once, your vanilla wafers are cool down completely. Then take an airtight container and keep your wafers in this container, and your wafers are safe for up to three-five days at room temperature.
Ok, freezing your vanilla wafers is another option. Just take a zipped plastic bag and store your wafers in your zipped plastic bag. But, make sure to write the date on the plastic bag. These vanilla wafers are safe for up to a month in your freezer.
Some Tips For Making Perfect Vanilla Wafers Recipe:
Here are some tips, that will help you to make vanilla wafers more creamy and yummy.
- If your eggs are too cold, your batter will look curdled. To fix this issue, use a hairdryer to warm the batter up. And remember, your eggs are at room temperature before adding them into your mixture.
- Softened butter will be easier to fold into your batter. So, always use softened butter for making vanilla wafers recipe.
- If you have homemade vanilla extract, then this will makes your wafers more delicious. Try to use homemade not store made. But, if you don’t have homemade vanilla extract. Then you can use any brand vanilla extract.
- For best and soft texture, make sure do not to overmix the dough.
Prepare time: 25 min Cook: 15-20 min Ready in 40-45 min
Ingredients For Vanilla Wafers Recipe:
- Unsalted butter softened at room temperature – 1/2 Cup(115 gram).
- Vanilla extract or vanilla paste – 1+1/2 tsp.
- Eggs, 2 at room temperature.
- Vanilla powdered sugar – 1+1/4 Cup(150 gram).
- All-purpose flour – 1+1/3 cup(170 gram).
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1/8 tsp.
Directions For Making Vanilla Wafers Recipe:
- First of all, take a large mixing bowl.
- Now, we place vanilla, and softened butter in this bowl and mix this at medium speed.
- Just low the speed of mixing, and add gradually sugar in this mixture and mix it nicely until pale and fluffy.
- Now, add one egg at a time and mix it properly until smooth it turns into and well-combined mixture(if the mix will lupus at the beginning, don’t worry it will smooth).
- Sift in flour, baking soda, salt and mix them at low speed just until combined,(Remember/be careful to not overbeat the flour.
- Here, for mixing purposes, using a spatula to be more gentle.
- If you have a piping bag, that’s good you can use it(but it isn’t needful).
- Now, transfer the dough into the piping bag with a 1 cm – 0.4 inches rounded pipping tip.
- Ok, now we are going to pipe wafers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make sure, you have to pipe 3 cm- 1,2-inch circles, and consider that the wafers will spread in the oven when we bake them, so keep them 4 cm – 1,5 inch apart, and do this step nicely.
Alternative method For Pipping Bag:
- Now here I will show the alternative of the piping bag.
- Consider, for some reason you don’t have a piping bag, so what you can do.
- Just use your spoon or teaspoon that is available in your kitchen and spoon the dough onto a lined parchment baking sheet.
- Now, we are ready to bake a vanilla wafer in the oven.
- Just place your wafers into your pre-heated fan oven at 300°-F150°C for about 12 minutes.
- Wait, wait, if you don’t have a pan oven, then just bake one sheet at a time.
- Ok, when the baking time is over. Just take the wafers out from the oven. Now, let the wafers cool on a baking tray.
- Finally, our homemade delicious vanilla wafers are ready.
Ok, our delicious, crispy, creamy homemade vanilla wafers are ready. Your kids loved these vanilla wafers. Because their taste is so good and these are very satisfying.
I am very happy to see your effort and I really appreciate your effort. And one more thing. If you really like these vanilla wafers recipe. Then put some sweet sweet words in the comments section below.
These sweet words really motivate me to bring some more creamy, delicious dessert recipes for you, Thanks.
Here Are Some More Options:
Fluffy Sponge Cake Recipe.
Chocolate Protein Cookies Recipe.