Namoura is a very delicious, sweet, and yummy dessert that comes from Lebanese culture. This namoura recipe is very simple to make. This dessert is very popular among all the middle eastern countries and also has different names in different middle eastern countries.
In the end, this delicious dessert is topped with cashews, almonds, and other nuts. and in the final step, we pour sugar syrup on this dessert to give it a final touch.
WHAT IS NAMOURA (نمورة)?
You may think about what is namoura, so don’t worry about your all questions about namoura cleared in this section. First of all this namoura is a popular middle eastern recipe. This namoura dessert recipe belongs to Lebanese, labnan. You may see this recipe with different names in many other middle eastern countries, like in Palestinians namoura called Harissa, Basbousa called in Egypt, shamali called in American language, and Ravani/Revani called in Persians language.
But the taste is not the same, because in different cultures they use different ingredients that’s why this namoura is a little bit different in their traditions and culture. You can make namoura at any time in the whole year and also this dessert is very special during Lebanese festivals.
How to Make Simple Sugar Syrup:
Sugar syrup is very important for namoura because without this I think namoura is incomplete. So, the method of making sugar syrup is very simple.
First of all, take a small pan and add sugar, add sugar according to your own preference like use( 1 or 2 cups of sugar) and add 1 cup of water in a pan and bring a boil in a pan, after boil simmer for few minutes. If you want, then add 1tbsp of lemon juice(optional) this is just for an extra flavor.
Now, just allow this simple sugar syrup to cool down properly before pouting on namoura dessert. You can make this sugar syrup when you put the namoura in the oven to bake. Now, if you like less sweetness then just increase or decrease the number of ingredients in sugar syrup.
Can We store namoura?
Yes, of course, you can store this Lebanese dessert, make sure to store it in an airtight container in a cool place for several days. You can also store it in the fridge too.
What is semolina?
Semolina just like all-purpose flour, but not it is the same. Because this semolina comes from labnan and this durum wheat product is used for porridges, baking, pasta, and bread. There are two kinds of semolina available on the market(Coarse and fine semolina) and we use both in this recipe. Gluten present in semolina and you also get many other health benefits of eating semolina.
Ingredients For Making Namoura Recipe:
- Baking soda – 5 grams.
- Sugar – 200 grams.
- Water – 350 grams.
- Semolina(250 grams fine semolina and 250 grams coarse semolina) – 500 grams.
- Butter or ghee -1tbsp.
- Nuts for decoration of namoura.
- Sugar syrup.
Directions For Making Namoura Recipe:
- First of all, take a big mixing bowl and add 250 grams of fine semolina to 250 grams of coarse semolina and mix well with the help of hands.
- Now, add 5 grams of baking soda and again give a nice mix with your hands.
- Add 1 big tbsp of butter or ghee and rub the semolina with ghee properly and make sure butter/ghee properly mix with semolina.
- After the mix, everything, keep the bowl aside.
- Now, take a pot and add 350 grams of water to the pot.
- Let place the pot on to the heat and when water starts boiling then add 200 grams of sugar into it.
- Mix well until sugar is dissolved in water, and once sugar is dissolved then add semolina mixture into the pot and again give a nice mix.
- Now, leave it for about 40 seconds, and after 40 seconds give a nice mix again and turn off the heat.
- Take another bowl and transfer the potting mixture into that bowl.
- Just give this a quick mix and then we will leave this to rest for 24 hours.
- Now, after 24 hours start kneading your dough.
- Then we will grease our baking tin with the help of butter or ghee.
- Grease all the sides of the baking tin nicely, and then add a little bit of sugar syrup.
- Now, spread the dough while pressing on all the sides of baking it properly.
- Spray a little bit of water on the surface of semolina and then just smooth it.
- After making it plain, now cut it into small pieces(cut into any shape that you like) with a knife and do it before baking, because it is more important to cut it before you bake it.
- After cutting now decorate it with nuts like cashews and pistachios.
- Now brush the nuts and the surface with sugar syrup, so it will prevent the nuts from getting burned and also give a nice brown golden color.
- Now everything is ready, bake this at (190 Degrees Celsius) for about 40 or 45 minutes until it’s golden brown.
- Once you take it out of the oven you will have your sugar syrup hot and ready and then you will pour sugar syrup all over the top of your dessert.
- So, after pouring the sugar syrup, now again take this into the oven for another 5 minutes just to give it a little bit more color.
- Finally, our delicious namoura recipe is ready to go.
Tried This Recipe:
If you tried this Namoura recipe, then please consider leaving a 5star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comments section – I’d love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to @cookingwithguru. and say hello ASAP!!
Here Are Some More Options: