Sofritas – Chipotle Sofritas (Copycat Recipe)!!
Sofritas is the ultimate delicious and flavorful as the original one. So, if you are looking for super easy and delicious Chipotle Sofritas (Copycat Recipe), which is just ready in under 30 minutes, then take a note because this recipe just stuns your mind. Also, these vegan Chipotle Sofritas are packed with lots of healthy nutrients like protein, etc.
Just follow all the given steps and believe me the final results are just amazing. Sofritas are flavorful tasty and also very simple. Because you just need a handful amount of ingredients for this amazing recipe. Make your day special with someone special along with salads, tacos, rice bowls, or burritos. You can make a Sofritas recipe at home just by following all the steps.
Ingredients For Making Sofritas Recipe:
- Firm Tofu(Recommended Organic) – 1lb.
- Any kind of oil – 2tbsp.
Ingredients For Sauce:
- Healthy & Fresh Vegetables. Onions, Tomatoes, green peppers, garlic cloves.
- Adobo Sauce. Take chipotles and make sure to blend canned chipotles in adobo sauce until a getting smooth texture. You can use pureed sauce also for this recipe. Now, if you have some sauce leftover, then just take a ziplock bag or airtight container and transfer the sauce into it and freeze the sauce, and use it whenever you need it again.
- Spices. Salt, vinegar, cumin, pepper, oregano.
Ingredients For Making Sauce:
- Garlic cloves – 3 no’s.
- Green pepper(small) – 1 no.
- Onion(small) – 1/2.
- Dried oregano – 1/2tsp.
- Tomatoes(small) – 2 no’s.
- Black pepper – 1/4tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1tsp.
- Adobo sauce – 2tbsp.
- Vinegar – 1tsp.
- Salt – 1/2tsp.
- Water – 1/4 cup.
Directions For Making Sofritas Recipe:
- First of all, take all the ingredients from the sauce section and place them into a blender and blend them until nice, clean, and smooth texture.
- Now, take tofu and place it into 2-4 layers of paper towel and press them juts get rid of extra moisture or liquid. Because we need liquid-free moisture-free tofu.
- After that now convert the tofu pieces into chunks of your choice or cut them into 1/2 inch slices.
- Now, take a large non-stick skillet for this recipe.
- Add oil into a skillet and heat the oil and add tofu pieces and fry them without moving them for around 3 minutes on medium flame, until you see golden crust on the bottom of the skillet.
- Take a wooden spatula and break the tofu slices with a spatula and keep frying tofu slices and breaking tofu slices into small pieces with a spatula and keep going through this process for around 5 minutes.
- After that just add tomato sauce, stir gently, and cook further 3-4 minutes.
What is Sofritas?
Many people may know or many may not, but anyways. I will explain, what is actually meant by sofritas.
In a nutshell, sofritas are braised and marinated small tofu chunks in spicy tomato and pepper sauce. You may see many other methods to make sauces and this is totally up to you what you like.
Basically, sofritas is inspired by the word sofrito. We use all the aromatic ingredients that Spanish cooking using to making sofrito. So, today we will make a really aromatic, delicious aromatic recipe at home just like a restaurant.
How to make Sofritas:
Ok, now it’s time to learn how to make flavorful, delicious Chipotle sofritas. First of all, just press the tofu and get rid of as all extra moisture as possible, because we want moisture-free tofu. After that, just break the pieces of tofu into chunks and add them into a large skillet, and sauteed with a few onions until chunks get nice and browned around the edges.
For making sauce, just add all the ingredients into a blender and blend them until the mixture converts into a nice and smooth texture. After getting a smooth texture, just pour the sauce over the tofu chunks and just cook for some additional minutes. That’s how to make Chipotle sofritas easily.
How to store Sofritas?
You can store Chipotle sofritas easily. Just take an airtight container and add sofritas into it and just place the airtight container into the refrigerator and this sofritas last long for 4 days.
Can We Freeze Sofritas?
Yes, of course, you can. This will be good in the freezer for a month. Just apply the same method to store in the freezer as I told in how to store question
How to Make Spicer Sofritas?
First time using only 2 tbsp. But if you like more spicy Chipotle sofritas then add more adobo sauce when you make it next time. But, this will totally depend on you, because some people like spicy and some people don’t like it. so adust the amount of adobo sauce according to your own preferences.
Tried This Recipe:
If you tried this sofritas recipe, then please consider leaving a 5star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comments section(This will really help me a lot to post really good and tasty recipes) – I’d love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to @cookingwithguru. and say hello ASAP!!
you can buy canned Chipotle in Adobo Sauce from any big grocery store or you can also buy online, whatever method you like.
This recipe is a Mexican recipe. so, just do important things.
- First of all, take a Stainless Steel Fine Mesh Strainer and strain adobo sauce nicely just pressing down the adobo sauce with a spoon on the peppers to extract the fice and smooth sauce.
- You can use the puree in place of adobo sauce. Rember before using, it will now slightly spicier sofritas. So, you use less puree here.
- May Be Helpful What to do with Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
Check Out More Recipes: