Italian Homemade Pizza Recipe is super easy to make. You can make perfect pizza dough for Italian pizza in just one minute without kneading it. And the special thing about this dough, it is soft inside and slightly crispy on the bottom. This is the best Italian homemade pizza recipe that you can bake in your oven from your own kitchen.
This is also the original/authentic Italian homemade pizza recipe. In this article, you will learn step by step how to make the best homemade Italian pizza at home.
What Is Meant By Italian Pizza?
Well, the definition of a homemade original Italian pizza recipe is very simple.
A pizza with thin crust, a supple, and simple flavor, that cooked in a very hot oven. The recipe I will share below with you is super simple. tangy tomato puree, perfect crust, fresh mozzarella cheese, and some fresh basil leaves.
Why This Is So Flavorful And Juicy?
Honestly speaking, I can not eat Italian pizza in my whole life. But one just scrolling the youtube home feed. I just found a real homemade Italian pizza recipe.
So, that time I will decide to make this Italian pizza this weekend. And when I make this Italian pizza and tasted out. Believe me, pizza just starts melting in my mouth and the flavor is juicy, tangy, and spicy. And my whole family loved this Italian pizza.
That’s why I fall in love with this Italian pizza for the first time.
Some Tips For Perfect Homemade Italian Pizza Recipe:
Now, in my opinion, extra tips play a very important role, while making any kind of dish or any kind of recipe. So, here in the Italian pizza recipe, some tips listed below. And I hope that will help you.
- Rising time is the key to making a perfect Italian pizza recipe. So, don’t skip rising time for at least 6 hours in a slightly warm place.
- You can also let the pizza rise for 12 hours at room temperature(about 25°C) or even rise the pizza for 24 hours.
- But in 24 hours option, you will divide the time into two portions.
- In the first portion, I mean the first 12 hours rise your pizza at room temperature and the next 12 hours in the fridge.
- Remember, bring your dough at room temperature before use it.
There are two options.
- The first is to use your own homemade puree tomato and the second option is to use high-quality tomato puree from any brand. and don’t cook tomato puree before.
- Now add your mozzarella cheese after about 5 minutes of baking the pizza, this will prevent the cheese from burning it.
- If you can’t find Italian mozzarella cheese in your county, use the one, that is available in your city/country.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
Why we use this virgin olive oil because this gives the best taste to our Italian pizza. If you have this olive oil then use it instead of vegetable oil. But if you don’t have olive oil, then you can use vegetable oil.
Pizza dough and the tomato is not too salty, so, to avoid this, just use salt as a seasoning on the top of your pizza.
- Now, if you add basil leaves before baking the pizza. Then they will lose their taste and flavor too. So use it after baking the Italian pizza.
- Another useful tip about basil leaves, just tear them with your fingers to avoid leaves oxidation instead of cut them with a knife.
Here are some useful tips for making an Italian Homemade Pizza Recipe and I believe that will help you more to make a perfect Italian Homemade Pizza Recipe.
Ingredients For Italian Homemade Pizza Recipe:
- Bread flour 390 g (3 cups).
- Salt 6 g (1 tsp).
- Active dry yeast 2 g (1/2 tsp) (read on the packaging if your yeast required to be activated)
- Lukewarm water 310 g (1+1/4 cups).
- Tomato puree (tomato strained sauce).
- Mozzarella Fior di Latte cheese* 160 g (5,5 oz) .
- Mozzarella di Bufala cheese* 125 g (4,5 oz).
- Salt to taste.
- Sugar 5 g (1 tsp).
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Fresh basil leaves.
Directions For Making Italian Homemade Pizza Recipe:
- First, of all take a very large mixing bowl.
- After that add salt and flour and mix properly until well combined.
- Now add dry yeast (read on the packaging if your yeast required to be activated), sugar, and combine properly.
- Add lukewarm water slowly about 3 times and mix this mixture with a spoon until well combined, you will reach a very sticky dough.
- Now cover this dough with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for at least 6 hours( or you can place it for 12 hours at room temperature, about 25°C).
- Preheat your oven at 480°F-250°C.
- Now we cut Mozzarella Fior di Latte and Mozzarella di Bufala in large chunks.
- Place them between two kitchen papers to absorb the excess amount of water.
- If kitchen paper releases too much amount of water, then change the kitchen papers.
- (If you don’t use fresh mozzarella then you don’t need to absorb the excess amount of water).
- Keep it aside for a while.
- Take a baking tray (37×23 cm – 14,5×9 inch) with parchment paper and grease this baking tray with a large amount of olive oil.
- Now if you have a cast iron baking tray or a non-stick baking tray, then you can avoid using parchment paper.
- Here is a tip, remember we add a large amount of olive oil to prevent that pizza from sticking to the baking tray.
- Now, we use virgin olive oil on our hands, so the pizza dough won’t stick to our fingers, and place that pizza dough into the baking tray.
- In a very gentle manner, stretch the dough to fit the entire pan, and don’t break the air bubble.
Season your pizza:
- A generous amount of salt and place tomato sauce (the dough isn’t too salty and the tomato puree is without salt) and also add extra virgin olive oil.
- Now, bake this pizza dough in a preheated oven at 480°F-250°C for about 5 minutes.
- Add mozzarella on top of the pizza and bake it for about 4 minutes, or until mozzarella melts(adding Mozzarella after some minutes preventing burning it).
- Now if you want extra crispy crust in your pizza, then place the pizza directly on the bottom floor of the oven and bake the pizza for about 2 minutes.
- Ok, the wait is ended now, just remove the pizza from the oven and cut the pizza into about 6 portions or 8portions that one you like.
- Take fresh basil leaves and tear them on the top of the pizza.
Ok, our perfect Italian pizza ready to be served. You can serve this pizza to your friends and also make your dinner time more delightful with this pizza.
Here are Some More Options: