Chicken reshmi kabab recipe belongs to Mughlai cuisine. This recipe is quite popular and famous in Pakistan as well as in India.
Whenever you go to any restaurant for eating something. You will find this recipe in chicken dishes on your menu card. This recipe is also known as chicken malai tikka. The silky texture and juicy flavor make this reshmi kabab recipe very desirable and satisfying.
Why Reshmi Kabab Are Famous?
Every recipe has one point that makes this recipe famous. And that is also with our delicious chicken reshmi kabab recipe.
These reshmi kababs are popular due to their creamy flavor and it’s extra tender and texture. And I bet you, when you take the very first bite of these chicken reshmi kababs you just fall in love with these. Because you love with these chicken kababs tenderness and smoothness.
What Is Meant By Reshmi Kababs?
Now, basically, reshmi means silky. We made reshmi kababs with boneless chicken fillets or tikka pieces that are marinated into two steps and after marination, we just skewered and then baked, pan-roasted, air fried, grilled until our kababs are just done.
You feel the silky texture of the tender and juicy meat that makes this chicken reshmi kababs recipe different from all other kabab recipes. And our silkiness comes in our kababs from cheese.
There Are Some Other Names Of Reshmi Kababs.
There are multiple names of one dish or recipe. And our reshmi kababs are also had some other names. So, don’t be confused when you hear any of them.
Chicken reshmi kababs are also known as:
- Chicken Malai Tikka.
- Murgh Reshmi Kabab.
- Chicken Mali Kabab.
- Murgh Mali Tikka.
- Chicken Reshmi Tikka.
Here Murgh means (Chicken) and Malai Means(Cream).
These are some alternative names of chicken reshmi kababs. So, don’t be confused.
Chicken Thighs Or Chicken Breasts.
Now there are some food experts that prefer to use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts because they thin chicken thighs contain more fat as compare to chicken breasts. And these chicken things make the meat juicier as compared to chicken breasts.
Whenever I make chicken reshmi kababs, I always used chicken breasts instead of using chicken thigs. Because chicken breasts giving an extra juicy and very smooth texture in reshmi kababs.
But, it doesn’t mean you did not use chicken thigs for making chicken reshmi kababs. But, I recommend using chicken breasts while making any kind of kabab recipe.
Can We Store Chicken Reshmi Kababs?
Honestly speaking, I never try to store reshmi kababs at all. But these are good for 7 days in the refrigerator without losing any taste. Bt if you want to store them, then just store a small batch.
Prep Time: 4 Hours Cook Time: 30 Min Ready In 4 Hr 30 Min
Ingredients For aking Chicken Reshmi Kabab Recipe:
- 500 gms (cut into 2” tikka pieces) – Boneless Chicken.
In this chicken reshmi kabab recipe, we go through 2 marination process.
So, here is the all ingredients list that we use for the first and second marination process.
First Marination Ingredients:
- 3 tsp – Ginger garlic paste.
- 3/4 tsp Salt.
- 2 tsp – Lemon juice.
Second Marination Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp – Hung curd.
- 5-6 tbsp – Fresh Cream.
- 4 tbsp – Processed cheese.
- 1.5 tsp (around 3 green chilies) – Deseeded and crushed green chilies.
- 1/2 tsp – Garam masala powder.
- 3/4 tsp Green cardamom powder.
- 1/2 tsp – White pepper powder.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp – Nutmeg(jaiphal) grated.
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves, finely chopped.
Some Other Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp – butter for basting.
Preparation Process For Chicken Reshmi Kabab Recipe:
- First of all to prepare the hung curd. Simply strain the water from curd or plain yogurt just using a cloth or strainer to have a thick curd without any extra water.
- Now, here you can cut boneless chicken fillets into tikkas or you can use chicken tikka pieces, apply to anyone that is comfortable.
- Wash nicely your chicken fillets and pat dry the boneless chicken fillets.
- Now cut these fillets into 2” tikka shapes.
For First Marination Proces:
- First of all, take a mixing bowl.
- Now add all the ingredients that I put in the first marination ingredients in the above section and mix them properly.
- Set aside this bowl for around 30 minutes.
For Second Marination Proces:
- Again take another mixing bowl and all the specified ingredients that I mentioned in the above second marination ingredients section.
- There are some options for your cheese(you can use grated mozzarella, cream cheese, or processed cheese).
- Now whisk all the ingredients together properly and then add the marinated chicken pieces.
- Again mix all the things in the mixing bowl properly/nicely, so that all our chicken tikka pieces are properly coated with the marinade.
- Now set this bowl aside for 3-4 hours in your refrigerator.
Directions For Making Restaurant Style Chicken Reshmi Kabab Recipe:
- First of all, take a metal skewer for skewing the tikka on it.
- Now we skew our marinated chicken tikkas on a metal skewer 4 at a time.
- After skewing the tikkas, now set the foil-lined baking tray and lay the skewers on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Now, preheat the oven/OTG to 250° C.
- Ok, having set that, now slide in the tray in the top section/slot of the oven.
- Now, roast chicken tikkas for around 10 minutes at 250°C.
- After 10 minutes of completing turn/flip your chicken tikkas.
- Now, again roast your chicken tikkas for 10 minutes at 250°C on the other side.
- Ok, now we remove the chicken tikkas and basted with melted butter.
- Now, we reduce the oven temperature to 200°C.
- Again roast for 6-7 minutes at 200°C.
- Now, flip/turn the chicken and continue basting with melted butter.
- Finally, roast again for 5 minutes for giving the final touch at 200°C.
- Ok, Finally remove the tray once the edges of the chicken tikkas are lightly charred.
- Our restaurant-style chicken reshmi kababs are ready to serve.
Chicken reshmi kababs served as an appetizer remember.
Ok, our juicy, chicken reshmi kababs are ready. Now I will share some serving options. And these chicken rehmi kabs are good to go with these serving options.
- Light Salad.
- Sliced/Ring onions.
- Cilantro Chutney.
These are some options. But, I personally like, to squeeze lemon on sliced/ring onions and then enjoy this appetizer.
Now, Hope you will enjoy this delicious recipe. And if you also make this recipe on your weekend then make sure just put your experience in the comment box. That’s will help me to bring more delicious recipes for you. Thanks.
Here are some more options: