Homemade chicken nuggets recipe is just a perfect pick for your appetizer. I mean if you are looking for a crispy, crunchy appetizer, that just surprised your mood, and these homemade chicken nuggets are the perfect choice for you.
These homemade chicken nuggets are always family-friendly and always super delicious appetizers.
If You Are Chicken Lover:
Now, if you are a chicken lover like me, then this homemade chicken nuggets recipe is just perfect for you. Because this is a mouthwatering appetizer. And honestly speaking, when you take the first bite of these soft, spicy, crunchy nuggets. These nuggets start melting in your mouth and you feel yourself in desire, Lol I feel the same like that.
Surprising For Guests:
If your guests coming to your home and you have no time to prepare such an elaborate meal, Then this easy, spicy, crunchy, chicken nuggets recipe should be your first option. Now, believe me, when I first served these bite-sized nuggets to my very special guests, they really amazed by the taste of these nuggets.
And I hope your guests also express the same feeling when they take the first bite of these crunchy nuggets.
One more thing that I wanna include here if you wanna held a house party and invite your friends too, Then these bite-sized nuggets are also your option to go.
Freezing And Making Ahead OPtions For Homemade Chicken Nuggets:
First of all, make note that you can freeze your nuggets, here are instructions on how to freeze them.
- First of all bread your chicken nuggets properly with the given instructions above.
- After breading, now place your nuggets in baking sheets in a single layer.
- Freeze until your nuggets turn into a solid form.
- After that, place your solid nuggets in a freezer bag and you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
- When you want to eat nuggets, just take them out from the freezer bag and fry them from frozen until nuggets turn into golden color and crisp.
Making Ahead option:
These nuggets are served as soon as possible after frying, because if you served late these nuggets then they might lose their taste and crispness.
Fry nuggets are safe in the fridge for up to 3 days. And when you want to eat, then just take them out from the fridge for 30 minutes before and reheated them in a hot oven until warmed through evenly.
Can You Make These Chicken Nuggets In the oven?
Now, here are your own choice. But, I recommended that, fried these nuggets because they come out wonderfully crunchy and crispy. But you can also bake these chicken nuggetsin the oven.
Just preheat your in 400F and place your breaded chicken nuggets on a sheet pan and bake these nuggets for 20 minutes.
Kids Favorite Fast Food:
These chicken nuggets are traditionally kids’ favorite fast food. Because kids just love to eat these crispy, juicy crunchy nuggets again and again. Now, don’t worry if you have kids and you wanna surprise them with something special, then honestly add these nuggets in their dinner meal. They never deny these nuggets believe me.
There Are Some Serving Options:
Basically, this is an appetizer dish. But if you want to serve these nuggets as your main. Then you can serve these chicken nuggets along with fresh side salad or veggies like broccoli or beans. They are really great served as an appetizer-try these some dips along with these crispy nuggets.
- Sweet chili.
Some Tips For Perfect Crispy Homemade chicken Nuggets Recipe:
- Make sure not overcrowd the pan/skillet while frying chicken nuggets. You can usually cook these chicken nuggets in 2-3 batches.
- I use canola oil for frying these nuggets, but you can also use vegetable or sunflower also. These will work fine also.
Why You Loved These Homemade Chicken Nuggets?
There are some solid reasons, why this is a fall-in love recipe, and these are listed below.
Quick And Easy:
This is a super simple 30-minute recipe that requires just some simple ingredients.
Crispy And Crunchy:
These breadcrumb coating chicken nuggets are super crispy and super satisfying when you take your first bite of these nuggets
Now if you are very sensitive to gluten then just use gluten-free bread crumbs.
Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 10-15 min Ready in: 25-30 min
Ingredients For Chicken Nuggets:
- Boneless chicken pieces cut into nuggets or chicken fillets – 300 grams.
- 1 1/2 cups oil(approximately you can use as required for deep frying).
Ingredients For Marination:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- 1 Egg whisked.
- 3/4 pepper powder.
- 3/4 tsp Salt.
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder.
Mix For Breading:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour(maida).
- Red chili powder1/2 tsp.
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs(preferably Panko breadcrumbs).
- Garlic powder1/2 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
Preparation Process For Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe:
- First of all wash chicken fillets properly and after washing pat dry the boneless chicken pieces or chicken fillets.
- Now after washing cut them into a bite-sized nugget shape.
- After cutting in nugget shape, now we marinate these nuggets.
- Now for marination, take a mixing bowl and add buttermilk into this bowl. and add whisked egg, salt, the spice powders as mentioned above.
- After adding all things, now whisk the mixture and add the chicken pieces.
- Give a proper mix to coat the pieces with the batter.
- After mixing properly, keep it aside at room temperature for around 28-30 minutes.
Directions For Perfect Homemade Chicken Nugget Recipe:
- The very first step is, make the branding flour mix with the ingredients given above, see in the mix for breading section.
- Mix it to combine properly.
- Now take out the chicken fillets or pieces soaked in the marinate one at a time with your left hand and place it on the breading mix.
- After completing this step, now using your right hand and coat the fillets with the breading mix by turning the chicken piece a few times to coat properly.
- Shake the excess breading and place them side by side on a plate.
- Now will fry our delicious chicken nuggets, to fry nuggets.
- Take a pan or skillet for deep frying and heat oil in a specific one that you are going to use.
- Now drop chicken pieces one by one to not crowd the pan.
- Fry on medium heat for around 5-6 minutes until they turn into golden brown color.
- Fry the rest of the nuggets in batches.
- Finally, our crispy, delicious chicken nuggets are ready to be served.
Now, our chicken nuggets process is complete. I mentioned above some best options that you can use when you served these nuggets.
Here is some other recipe that you can try also: