Paneer Tikka Rumali Roll/Roti Recipe is just outstanding. A smooth combination of charred/grilled paneer tikka with rumali roti is mouthwatering. This paneer tikka rumali roll is quite famous and popular in India, and that’s why this is called Indian favorite street food.
What Is Rumali Roti?
You might be thinking that what is meant by rumali roti. So, don’t worry I will explain. The name “rumali” comes from a handkerchief. Because the handkerchief is so thin, meanwhile rumali roti also very thin like a handkerchief. So, that’s why this is called rumali roti.
This is very thin and very fluffy. You can fold it easily. And use it whenever you want, just unfold it and use it.
How To Make Paneer Tikka Roomali Roll/roti Recipe?
We just prepared our rumali roti and also prepared paneer tika. After all, things are set, we just filled our spicy paneer tikka in this romali roti and fold it tightly.
After stuffing everything nicely and fold it tightly, now cut it into two pieces and your aromatic, full of spices. paneer tikka rumali roti ready to be served. Believe me, everyone falls in love with this amazing appetizer.
Is Paneer Tikka Rumali Roll/Roti Recipe Healthy?
Of course, this is very healthy. Because you all know very well paneer is a rich source of protein. So, don’t worry and try out this recipe in your free time or add this recipe to your weekend menu.
Some Tips For Perfect Paneer Tikka Rumali Roll/Roti Recipe.
Here are some extra tips for making the perfect Paneer Tikka Rumali Roll/Roti Recipe. If you use these tips, you can get amazing results.
- For marinating the paneer tikka, use frozen or freshly paneer cubes, just make sure the cubes you are using are firm not soft.
- If you are not comfortable with the charred process, you can use the grilling process.
- If you want low fat in this recipe, just replace simple paneer with low-fat paneer.
- Choose non-stick to avoid oil.
Ingredients For Making Paneer Tikka Recipe:
- Paneer 250 gm (cubes).
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil.
Some Powdered Spices That We Used In This Recipe:
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder.
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder.
- 1/2 tsp Black salt.
- 1 tsp Garam masala.
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- 1 tsp Jeera(cumin) powder.
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder.
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi.
- 1 tsp Amchur powder.
- 1/2 cup hung curd.
- 1 tbsp (chopped) Fresh coriander.
- Onions (petals, diced) 1/2 cup.
- 1/2 cup Capsicum (diced).
- 1 tsp Lemon juice.
- Salt to taste.
- Live charcoal + ghee.
Directions For Making Paneer Tikka Recipe.
- First of all, take a mixing bowl and add Kashmiri red chili powder and mustard oil to the mixing bowl.
- Now mix properly to bleed the natural red color.
- After having natural red color in your mixing bowl, now we add all other powder spices like, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves chopped, hung curd, lemon juice, and mixed properly.
- Further, after mixing add diced onions and capsicum and paneer cubes.
- Now mix them properly and marinate well and make sure mix them very gently without breaking the paneer cubes.
- After having all set, now smoke the marinated chicken with live charcoal by placing it center of your mixing bowl and put some oil drops in live charcoal.
- Now, covered the bowl for 3-5 minutes to impart a smoky flavor to it.
- Ok, now skew paneer cubes, capsicum, and onions and char them on an open flame.
- Now, apply some melted butter on charred paneer cubes and cook them again briefly on an open flame.
- This is an alternative to the open fire method, you can grill them on a grilling pan also.
- When paneer cubes are ready, keep them aside because we used them as filling material in our romali roll.
Ingredients For Making Roomali Roti Recipe:
- 1.5 cup of Refined flour (maida).
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 1 tbsp Oil.
- 1/2 cup Wheat Flour.
- 1 cup Lukewarm milk.
- Pinch of salt.
Directions For Making Roomali Roti Recipe:
- Take mixing ball and add all dry ingredients and oil, and mix them properly.
- Now add one cup of warm water in batches and knead until it becomes a soft dough.
- If you think your dough has become sticky, you can add a little more dry flour and knead properly and nicely for at least 10-13 minutes. until it turns into a soft dough.
- Once, your dough turned into a soft and smooth shape, cover it with a damp cloth and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Now, take a kadhai and flip it upside down, and place the kadhai on the flame. While the flame facing the bottom of kadhai up just like a dome.
- Make sure heats the kadhai properly and makes saltwater by adding 3 tbsp of salt in half a cup of water.
- Mix this water properly and sprinkle with the help of your hand over hot kadahai.
- When the resting time of dough complete, just knead out again and divide the soft dough into equal size dough balls.
- After making small balls, sprinkle some dry flour over balls and flatten them with your hands.
- Now, if you are not comfortable with your hands, you can use a rolling pin and roll it into a very thin sheet form, like your handkerchief.
- Ok, now we placed rolled roti over the hot smoking kadhai, make sure you sprinkle salt water before cooking roti.
- It’s will take some time to cook on one side, and use cloth or dab gently to cook the roti evenly, when one side is cooked, then flipped it to the other side and cook it properly, until brown spots appear on the roti.
- Fold the roti nicely and keep it aside for further use.
- Finally, make all the roti in the same way and keep them aside for making the roll.
Ingredients For Making Roll:
- Paneer tikka that we prepared above.
- Chaat masala.
- Green Chutney.
- Melted butter.
- Dahi (Curd).
- Finely sliced onion rings.
- Fresh coriander leaves.
- Romali roti as required.
Directions For Making Roll:
- The very first step is, take a mixing bowl and add the charred/grilled paneer tikka to the mixing bowl.
- Now, add green chutney, curd, 1 tbsp melted butter, onion rings, fresh coriander leaves, and sprinkle some chaat masala.
- After adding all these things, now mix them nicely, gently, to combine the flavors.
- Now if you want this recipe more spicy, tangy, buttery, just add ingredients as per your preferences.
- Take the roomali roti that you kept aside and unfold it from one side, while the other side is being folded, and placed the spicy paneer tikka over the folded part.
- Add some more onion rings and fold them tightly to make a perfect roll.
- Now skew the roomali roti roll and brush it with some melted butter and char them again on an open flame, or you can grill it on a grilling pan.
- Finally, your paneer tikka roomali roti is ready to be served.
- Cut it into two halves and serve it hot with spicy green chutney.
Ok, now you learn step by step how you can make paneer tika rumali roll recipe at home easily. If you try out this, make sure don’t forget to share your experience in the comments section. Because I love hearing from you. Thanks.