Happy Family Chinese Dish – Happy Family Dish!!
Happy Family Chinese Dish is a delicious, flavorful, and famous Chinese dish. Now, there are lots of good things about this recipe. This recipe is super flavor full and also a healthy option. I mean some people might be thinking, there are lots of vegetables, meat, and other ingredients and maybe this dish having more calories. But, they think wrong, because there are only 308 calories per serving
We also use different kinds of vegetables for this recipe that makes this recipe healthy and delicious. Along with vegetables we also use some kind of meat.
What is a Happy Family Stir Fry Dish?
Basically, this Chinese-American happy family stir fry dish consists of various kinds of vegetables, different kinds of meat including seafood, and this is the perfect dish for a family dinner.
One more thing about this dish, you can find easily this happy family dish in any Chinese restaurant. Because this dish is so popular and that’s why easily available on any Chinese restaurant.
Reason Behind Name Happy Family Dish?
I did not know the exact reason for this happy family dish. But, according to my observation. Due to different kinds of ingredients like meat, vegetables, seafood mixed in one place and make a delicious complete dish for the whole family. I think this is the main reason behind this name.
|Prep time||Cooking time||Total Time|
|4-5 minutes||9-10 minutes||14-15 minutes|
Ingredients For Making Happy Family Chinese dish:
- Sliced carrots, broccoli florets, snow peas, trimmed sugar peas – mixed vegetables 2 cups.
- Minced and peeled garlic cloves – 3.
- Red and green bell peppers, onion – 1 cup.
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Chicken breast, sliced beef, BBQ pork/pork – 1 cup meat.
- Cleaned and peeled shrimp, sea scallops, lobster meat/crab meat – Mixed seafood 1/2 Cup.
- Bamboo shoot sliced, straw mushroom, water chestnut sliced, young baby corn – Canned vegetables 1 1/2 cups.
Also, Check Chicken Stir Fry Noodles Recipe.
Ingredients For Brown Sauce:
- Ground white pepper – 3 dashes.
- Sweet soy sauce – 1tbsp.
- Light soy sauce – 1tbsp.
- Sesame oil – 1/2tsp.
- Oyster sauce – 1tbsp.
- Sugar and salt to taste.
- Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry wine – 2tbsp.
- Chicken broth(1/2-3/4 cup) mixed with 1tsp of cornstarch.
Also, Check Healthy Lemon Chicken Recipe.
Ingredients For Marination:
- Ground white pepper – 1/4tsp.
- Corn starch – 1/2tsp.
- Salt – 1/4tsp.
- Sugar – 1/4tsp.
- Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry wine – 1tsp.
Directions For Making Happy Family Chinese dish:
- First of all take a mixing bowl and marinade seafood and meat with little pepper, salt, sugar, and a dash of Chinese cooking wine and set aside for later use.
- Now, take another mixing bowl and add all the seasoning ingredients for the brown sauce and keep it aside for later use.
- Take a wok and heat 2 tbsp of oil, stir fry peppers and onions until slightly charred. Now, add in minced garlic, quickly stir fry until fragrant.
- Now, toss in the carrots, broccoli florets, and continue stir-frying for around 2 minutes, add a little amount of pepper and salt and mix well and dish up. Keep it aside for later use.
- Take a damp paper towel and slightly clean up the wok.
- Add 1tbsp of oil in a wok and heat up the wok and add lobster/crab meat, shrimp, and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add BBQ pork/pork, sliced beef, and tossed them and stir-fry for around 1 minute or until turned lightly browned.
- Now, toss in the mixed canned vegetables, stir nicely, add in brown seasoning, pour in the chicken broth, and continue to stir fry until vegetables are tender as your own preference, now seafood and meat thoroughly cooked.
- Adjust the amount of sugar and salt or another flavoring according to your own preference.
- Finally, dished this dish nicely and serve with hot steamed rice. Enjoy!!.
How Many Calories In Happy Family Chinese Dish?
According to mentioned ingredients in this article, the calculated calories are around 308 per serving.
Is Chinese Stir Fry Happy Family Dish Healthy?
Of course. You know we use vegetables and meat in this recipe. And all these ingredients are packed with a high amount of protein, fiber, and other nutrition.
What is a happy family on a Chinese menu?
Usually, this Chinese stir fry happily meal consists of different kinds of vegetables, that are fully packed with various kinds of nutritions. So, it means this recipe is a healthy option. Along this meat is also used in this recipe, like seafood, pork, beef. With the meat option, we get a good amount of protein in a happy family dish.
Tried This Recipe:
If you have tried this happy family Chinese dish, then please consider leaving a 5star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comments section(This will really help me a lot to post really good and tasty recipes) – I’d love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to @cookingwithguru and say hello ASAP!!