Easy Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe – A classic sponge cake – Fluffy Sponge Cake Recipe!!
Fluffy sponge cake recipe is easy to make the recipe. You can make easily this sponge cake. For this recipe, you just need some ingredients and I believe. All these ingredients are available in your kitchen.
This sponge cake-like fluffy and very moist. Believe me, this moist and fluffy cake makes a perfect combination with any of your very favorite creams.
What Is Sponge Cake?
Basically, sponge cakes are made with flour, a bit of sugar, and eggs. This makes this sponge cake both airy, light, sturdy, and absorbent.
That’s why sponge cakes are perfect for spreading on topping or filling with heavy fruits.
The problems with other cakes are, there we use more flour and fewer eggs. This makes the cake denser texture and that is not as absorbent.
Tips For Making Perfect Fluffy Sponge Cake Recipe:
Here are some tips that will help you to make a perfect, fluffy moist sponge cake.
- If you want to keep a sponge cake from drying overnight, then just take a slice of bread and place this slice of bread on top of it, under plastic wrap.
- Doing the same process for a canister of brown sugar, it keeps the cake moist and soft.
- Place your cake in the middle of the oven, then bake the cake.
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature, that you are going to use for making this fluffy sponge cake.
- If the vanilla extract is not available, when you make this fluffy sponge cake recipe, use any other flavoring extract that you like.
- Cup measurements are not accurate because cup sizes differ in each country too. So, stick with a measuring scale rather than cups.
- Cut your sponge cake nicely, when your sponge cake fully cools down at room temperature.
What Makes Sponge Cake Moist And Fluffy:
In this sponge cake eggs are the main and key ingredients, that will make our sponge cake more moist and fluffy. You will want to beat the whole eggs with sugar, until the volume increase by 3 times.
Make sure, do not to overbeat your eggs, as this will result in the shape of the flat cake. When the beaters hold a thick ribbon when removed from the bowl, then your eggs are ready.
Can We Make Fluffy Sponge Cake In Advance:
Yes, you can make this vanilla sponge cake in advance. This is the perfect fluffy and moist cake to ake in advance.
You can keep moist sponge cake for up to three days, well wrapped(make sure do not refrigerate).
You can also freeze your sponge cake for up to two months. make sure to store your cake in a flat box. In this way, your sponge cake does not lose its shape.
Prepare time: 20 min Cook: 45 min Ready in 1 hr 5 min
Ingredients For Fluffy Sponge Cake Recipe:
- Egg yolks – 2.
- Large eggs – 6.
- Granulated sugar(caster sugar) – 1 cup(200 grams).
- All-purpose flour – 1 1/4 cups(180 grams).
- Matcha green tea powder – 1 tbsp.
- Unsalted melted butter – 1/4 cup(60 grams).
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Pinch of salt.
- Icing sugar – for dusting.
Directions For Making Fluffy Sponge Cake Recipe:
- First of all, preheat your oven to 180°C(350 F).
- Now, take a 23cm (9-inch) spring from the pan, and line the bottom of this pan with parchment paper. Make sure we do not grease the pan here.
- For about 5 minutes, warm the eggs in their sells in hot tap water(change the water once halfway through warming).
- Now, take a large mixing bowl or simply in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment and place the 2 egg yolks and whole eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar in the mixing bowl mixture and whip on high speed until the mixture is pale and hold a ribbon, when the beaters are lifted, for about five/5 minutes.
- Here you can not over whip the eggs, so, if you have any doubt, keep whipping.
- While the eggs are whipping in the mixture, sift the green tea powder, flour, and salt together in a small bowl.
- While eggs are whipping at medium-low speed, add the flour to eggs gradually.
- Spoon a generous dollop of the batter into the unsalted melted butter, and add vanilla extract and stir together(don’t worry if it deflates a little).
- Now, add this buttered batter to the bigger batter and fold in by hand.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread the batter to level nicely.
- Place this battered pan into the oven and bake the cake for about 40-45 min, until it is an even golden brown on top and springs back when we gently press the cake.
- The cake may be dome at the end of its baking. But, don’t worry it will settle into a level state once the cake starts to cool.
- Cool the cake properly/completely in its pan.
- To serve the fluffy sponge cake, run a palette knife carefully around the inside edge of the pan to loosen the fluffy sponge cake and remove the ring.
- Now, peel away the parchment from the bottom of the sponge cake and place it on a platter.
- Finally, dust your fluffy sponge cake with icing sugar.
Serving Option For Moist Sponge Cake:
A dusting of icing sugar is always ideal this green tea sponge cake does pair well with fruits.
Fresh mango and coconut salad is the perfect side to dress this cake up you combine two peeled and sweet mangoes with half a cup of freshly grated coconut and some lime zest and juice.
Finally, our fluffy, moist sponge cake is ready to serve. Make sure to dust your cake at the end with icing sugar before serving. That’s it for today’s foodies.
Because I love to hear from you foodies And make sure to bookmark this page because more recipes are on the road. Thanks.