Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe is the best homemade sandwich recipe, and believe me your whole family love this sandwich.
These homemade spicy chicken sandwichs made with air-fryer chicken breasts and believe me these are super simple to make even if you try this from scratch.
I always use my very own air fryer for making chicken. Because my air fryer is also perfect for making crispy/spicy chicken breasts to put on sandwiches.
When you fry your chicken breasts in the air fryer, the results in form of a crispy piece of chicken breast which is totally made without using a drop of oil.
Spicy Chicken Sandwich Calories.
Calories define an important role in any recipe. And especially in the fast-food category, you need some extra care about the calories if you are a fitness freak person.
So, this spicy chicken sandwich recipe contains a total of 450calories. and the breakdown of these calories given below.
Macros for each Chicken Sandwich:
488 Cals, 42g Carbs, 12g Fat, 53g Protein.
So, don’t worry this is the perfect spicy chicken sandwich for you. Just enjoy this juicy chicken sandwich and let me know about your experience in the comment section.
Some Pro Tips To Make Perfect Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe.
- Remember, always use quality ingredients. Like using quality chicken breasts and use buttery buns to make your simple chicken sandwich into an extra delicious one.
- Make sure to cut your chicken breasts lengthwise in half, the benefit to doing this, your thin breasts cook faster and evenly.
- Now, cut your chicken breasts according to the size of your buns, so the breasts fit perfectly on the buns.
- Your cooking time totally depends upon your chicken breast size.
Ingredients For Making Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe:
- Chicken Breasts – 48oz 0r 3lbs.
- All-purpose flour – 100 grams ( check at bottom of the recipe for notes on all-purpose flour).
- Eggs – 2 large.
- Panko bread crumbs – 120 grams.
- 40 Taps Cholula Hot Sauce(Use that one you have, if this sauce isn’t available).
Ingredients For Seasoning:
Add a dash of all the following spices.
- Onion powder.
- Black pepper.
- Cayenne Pepper.
- Garlic powder.
- Sea salt.
Rest of Sandwich Ingredients (makes 2 Sandwiches):
- Fresh Sliced Tomato.
- Green Leaf Lettuce.
- Hamburger Pickle Slices.
- 2 Slices 2% Colby Jack Cheese(if this isn’t available then use that one you have).
- 2 Brioche Buns(Also you can use buttery buns).
Directions For Making Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe:
- The very first step is to wash your chicken breasts properly under running tap water.
- After washing the chicken breasts now taking your chicken breast and flattening them out.
- Now you can flatten them with your fist by just punching down on these chicken breasts, and it takes low punching power than you think, but you can also use a meat tenderizer tool to flatten these breasts. It all up to you.
- After you have your chicken breasts flattened out, take 3 shallow bowls. Don’t worry I will explain why we use 3 shallow bowls.
- Now add your all-purpose flour and seasonings in one bowl.
- After that add your panko bread crumbs to another bowl.
- And finally, in the 3rd bowl, we add our 2 large eggs and franks red hot sauce in the 3rd bowl and whisk them properly.
- Now it’s time to dredge the chicken breasts and here we use two hands all times, and this is due to big chicken breast pieces.
- Take your chicken breast and dip this breast into the all-purpose flour bowl and coat all the sides properly with flour.
- Now, dip this breast into the hot sauce/egg bowl and coat it properly as you did in the above flour bowl.
- After that dip this breast in the panko bread crumbs and coat this breast properly.
- Now add to cutter plate/board to hold till you add to your air fryer.
- And repeat this same process for all other chicken breasts.
- Now you can divide this recipe into batches. In my case my air fryer just holds 2 chicken breasts each time, so you can adjust according to your air fryer capacity. I usually do this in two batches.
Air Fryer Process:
- Ok, take a non-stick cooking spray and spray your air-fryer with this one.
- After spraying add 2 pieces of chicken breasts into your air fryer.
- Now spray the tops of these breasts with cooking spray and after spraying cook at 360°F for a total of 9 minutes.
- Remember, at the 5-minute interval, flip your chicken breasts so they cook evenly on both sides.
- Once your breasts cooked properly, now it’s time to make out a spicy sandwich.
- Now slice each chicken breast in half and top each breast with a slice of Colby jack cheese(if this is not available, use that is available in your country).
- After doing this, now we again add back to the air fryer for around 3 minutes at 360°F to melt the cheese.
- Once the above process complete, just take it out from the air fryer and put together properly/nicely your spicy chicken sandwich and enjoy.
Our spicy chicken sandwich is ready to be served and you can serve this along with fries and along with some sauce or ketchup. Whatever you prefer.
Here are some more options for you: