How to make potato soup from scratch? don’t worry there is no rocket science behind this recipe. I know there is a little bit of effort that you put into making this soup but believe me that’s all of your effort worth it. And you can say oh wow that’s the best potato soup recipe ever.
If you are too busy and no time, then this soup is the perfect choice for your winter evenings because with all the ingredients at your home you just keep all things in one place and start making this soup. Believe me, this will definitely warm up you in winter evenings. If you want to know how to make potato soup from scratch then stick with me.
How to make potato soup from scratch:
If you are a complete beginner and before that, you can not make any kind of soup, believe me after seeing this recipe you can make it easier. There is no fancy stuff we use for making potato soup recipe. All the ingredients are very simple and your soup is ready.
What You Can Expect From Potato Soup?
First of all this soup is super healthy and delicious. You can see soup that is fully loaded with tender chunks of potatoes. You can also feel the creamy texture in this soup. I believe you really loved this potato soup recipe. This soup is special for some reasons that I describe in the above lines. When we garnish it with bacon and chives everyone wants this believe me.
Why This Is Best Potato Soup?
Due to creamy texture, Full of goodness and hearty flavor. You all know soups are in demand in the winter season. Everyone makes different kinds of soups in the winter season. There are lots of different kinds of potato soups recipes out there, but this is a special one.
The other reason is that you can get all these ingredients in your kitchen and in your freezer, due to the very simple, delicious, comfortable, and cozy flavor this is the best soup.
Some Extra Tips For Perfect Potato Soup:
- If you wanna make this potato soup thicker then make sure to add an extra tablespoon of flour, or you may substitute 2% milk for whole or heavy cream as you want..
- Remember, measure all of your ingredients, because if you have too little and too many potatoes, this will change the consistency of your soup.
- If you want natural flavor then make sure not to use spices and herbs, because without these you can feel the more natural flavor.
- It’s another suggestion that just sticks with russet potatoes because they will not breakdown as yellow or red potatoes.
- If you are not a bacon-lover then you can use melted butter in place of bacon.
You can serve along with fresh oven-baked bread, or you can add any kind of bread with this potato soup. You can also serve this potato soup along with some salads like fruit salad, everyday salad, or winter fruit salad, that’s all up to you.
There Are Extra Variation Options That Works Well:
You can not stop at one point, because there are lot’s of variations options available that will make your soup more beautiful, more flavorful. Here’s the list is given below.
- To make this soup vegetarian Add 2-3 spoons of cajun seasoning for extra flavor in place of bacon.
- If you wanna lighten up your potato soup then you can use skim milk and use turkey bacon if available(but it’s optional) because if you don’t have then you can use simple bacon.
- For different flavors or tastes, you can use freely sweet potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes and this will make your soup more flavorful and tasty.
- If you are vegetarian and want to add vegetables in your soup then use chopped vegetables in this soup, that’s works perfectly and nicely. And your vegetarian potato soup is ready.
Some Topping Variations To Make Your Soup Beautiful:
Before serving garnish/topping plays a very important role for every dish. Because due to these factors your dish looks beautiful and these toppings give an extra flavor to your dish. Here are some options that you may use before serving your perfect potato soup.
- Chives or green onions.
- Corn kernels cooked.
- Diced avocado.
- Sour cream.
- Bacon bites.
- Shredded cheese.
You really loved this perfect homemade potato soup. You feel the creamy texture in every bite which is loaded with tender potato chunks, bacon, and cream.
Is Homemade Potato Soup Is Healthier Then Reataurant Ones?
That’s the question I am thinking that people asking in comments. So, I think why not explain in a little paragraph.
First of all, we use all-natural ingredients in this soup, so that’s why this is super healthy and beats any big brand restaurant honestly. The main factor is that the restaurant chef used spices to make this soup spicy, and if you want any spicy dish you know this dish has a lack of maturational factors. That’s why this homemade potato soup has all kinds of maturation that you want.
Prepare time: 15-20 min Cook: 30-35 min Ready in 45-50 min
Ingredients For Homemade Potato Soup Recipe:
- white potato (3/4 sliced, 1/4 diced) – 350 grams.
- Diced 1/3 cup celery.
- Olive oil 1/2 tbs.
- Garlic powder 1/4 tsp.
- Diced 1/3 cup carrot.
- Diced 3/4 cup onion.
- Sour cream 1 1/2 tbs.
- Diced bacon 120 grams.
- Dried parsley 1/2 tsp.
- Dried rosemary 1/4 tsp.
- Chopped chives 1 tsp.
- Chicken stock 1/2 cup.
- Milk 1/4 cup.
- Salt 1/4 tsp.
- White pepper 1/4 tsp.
Directions For Homemade Potato Soup Recipe:
- The very first step is to take a pot and boil potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion for around 10-12 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- After that remove them from the pot and drain properly.
- When they drained up completely then keep them aside for 5-7 minutes to cool down.
- Now separate sliced potatoes and some onion pieces and take them into a blender.
- After that, we add sour cream and blend until smooth and creamy texture.
- Now take a frying pan and fry bacon in olive oil until bacon colored and slightly crispy.
- Make sure not to use all bacon for frying keep some bacon for garnish purposes.
- Now add dried rosemary, parsley, garlic powder, and chives and fry them for 30-40 seconds.
- After that add diced cooked vegetables and stir.
- In between stirring we add creamed potatoes, chicken stock, and milk and stir properly.
- Now add pepper and salt and stir nicely.
- Finally, when you see a boil, it is ready to serve.
- The last step before serving that we do is garnish with chopped chives and crispy bacon.
Lastly, this is just the title “how to make potato soup from scratch” but actually this is very easy I just wanna say that if you try out this perfect potato soup recipe then make sure to kindly share your experience in the comments section. I know you will love this recipe but just put some love in the comments because this really motivates me to put more delicious recipes on this blog for more beautiful peoples. Thanks,