Crispy Corn Recipe | Crispy Fried Corn | Crispy Corn Kernels!!
Crispy Corn Recipe is a very easy and simple recipe. In this article, You will learn step by step how to make a unique crispy corn recipe. Whenever you see someone and after seeing you will fall in love with that person, I mean love at first sight. Believe me, after trying this recipe you will feel the same love at first sight situation.
The taste is too good and the crispy texture just makes it yummier. You just need a handful of simple ingredients for this crispy corn recipe.
Kids, as well as adults, will love it. This is a perfect family snack. Serve this unique and delicious crispy corn dish as a starter or as a snack.
You can use this unique snack as a party snack. Crispy corn is a delicious and crispy veg snack, loaded with Indian spices and the flavor is so much addictive. Making this sb=nack in a big batch because it is highly addictive.
1)Is Corn Healthy?
Yes, this dish is loaded with many healthy nutrients. It helps in digestion and also in vision.
2)Can we store crispy corn?
Yes, you can store it. But the real taste is when you served it hot and crispy right after it is made. These corns may get soggy if you store them for a longer period.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY CORN?
The process is super simple. Just boil the corns and then deep fry them until crispy. After deep frying just tosses them with sauce along with some fresh chopped green chilies, coriander stems, chopped onions. That’s all.
- If you are using frozen corn for this recipe, then just skip the boiling process and save time ASAP!!.
- Before mixing corns with the flour, make sure the boiled corns dried properly.
- Make sure, coat all the corns evenly and nicely with flour.
- If you want to make this recipe spicy, then adjust the amount of spices according to your preferences.
- Add finely chopped capsicum if you want to add some more healthy veggies.
- The taste of this unique recipe is great when you served it hot and crispy.
- Firstly, A lot many times the crispy corn turns soggy while tossing them in any kind of sauce. To avoid that, once you have prepared your sauce and while it’s hot, switch off the flame and then toss your crispy corn for a very brief time and do not cook it in the sauce and serve immediately.
- Secondly, Do not add your crispy corn into the sauce immediately after frying while it’s really hot. Once you have fried your crispy corn add it into the sauce after it has rested for a couple of minutes. So, if you follow these two steps your crispy corn will remain crispy even after tossing them in a sauce.
|Prep time||Cooking time||Serves|
|15-20 minutes||15-20 minutes||3-4 people|
Ingredients For Making Crispy Corn Recipe:
- 2 Cups – Sweet corn kernels.
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste.
- Boiling water.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 tbsp – Cornflour.
- Pinch of Black pepper powder.
- 2 tbsp – Maida (refined flour).
Ingredients For Tossing:
- 2 tbsp – Chopped onions.
- 1 tbsp – chopped ginger.
- 2 tbsp – Chopped garlic.
- 1 tbsp – Oil.
- 2-3 – Chopped green chilies.
- 1/3rd cup – Sliced spring onion bulbs.
- 1 tbsp – Chopped coriander stems.
- 1 tbsp – Schezwan sauce.
- 2 tsp – Red chili sauce.
- 1/3rd cup – Chopped capsicum.
- 1 tsp – Soy sauce.
- 2 tbsp – Ketchup.
- Salt to taste.
- Pinch of sugar.
- Fresh coriander – Small handful.
- Pinch of white pepper.
- Spring onion greens – Small handful.
Directions For Making Crispy Corn Recipe:
- First of all, take a stockpot and set water for boiling on it, and add sweet corn kernels and let it boil for around 3-4 minutes.
- Take a big size mixing bowl and transfer the boiled corns into it and keep it aside to cool down for few minutes.
- Now, add ginger garlic paste, salt, black pepper powder, cornflour, and maida, and mix them with a light hand so the corn coats completely.
- To ensure the coating is done well, just add a splash of water and recoat the boiled corns with a little more maida and cornflour, keep in mind repeat the same process of coating corns with flour 3-4 times, so it gets coated evenly and properly.
- Just after the coating is completed, let the corn kernels rest for a while.
- Now, take a wok and set oil in it for deep frying, keep in mind before frying just sift the boiled coated corns suing sieve to remove the extra amount of flour.
- To check the oil temperature, just drop one corn into the wok, as soon as you slide in bubbles should appear in a wok, deep fry the coated boiled corns in batches in hot oil on medium flame until they are nice crisp.
- Once corns are fried, remove them in a strainer, so to get rid of the extra amount of oil. Keep crispy corn aside to toss in the quick sauce.
- For tossing in sauce, Set a wok on a high flame and let the wok heat completely. Now, add ingredients from the tossing section one by one like garlic, ginger, onions, coriander stems, green chilies, stir and cook for around 1-2 minutes on high heat.
- Further add onions and capsicum, stir and cook another 1-2 minutes on high heat.
- Finely, our delicious, unique, sweet, tangy crispy corn recipe is ready.
Tried This Recipe:
If you have tried this crispy corn recipe, then please consider leaving a 5star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comments section(This will really help me a lot to post really good and tasty recipes) – I’d love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to @cookingwithguru and say hello ASAP!!
Here Are Some More Options:
Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe – Veg Hakka Noodles.