Blue Curacao – Homemade Blue Curacao Lemonade!!
Blue Curacao is a super simple and easy refreshing fusion drink for the summer season especially. This refreshing drink is just ready in under 10 minutes. We use sugar, orange, lemon, mint, blue curacao syrup, and a white cold drink to make this mocktail. You can make this fusion drink on any occasion or any special occasion or any party.
What is Blue Curaçao?
Basically, blue curacao is syrup and this syrup is used to make different kinds of drinks, and one of the famous drinks in the blue curacao lemonade drink. The blue color comes from food coloring, and this color gives a very attractive and distinctive coloring look. it’s the flavor just like lahara citrus fruit and it’s grown in curacao island, that’s why its name is curacao.
Does Curacao have alcohol in it?
Many people think it contains alcohol. But, to be honest, I did not like alcohol, and in this recipe, I did not use alcohol. I just keep this recipe very simple and use all-natural fresh ingredients. Because this is a refreshing drink for kids in the summer season. And for kids, we did not use alcohol. Hope you will understand.
And if you think this blue color comes from alcohol, then you are wrong. Because this blue color is a food color and we use it only for an attractive and distinctive look.
Ingredients For Making Blue Curacao Syrup:
- 1 – Orange.
- 1/2 cup – Water.
- 1/2 cup – Sugar.
- Blue color – Few drops.
- 3-4 – Cinnamon pieces.
Directions For Making Blue Curacao Syrup:
- First of all, take n orange and grate the orange.
- Now collect the orange zest and put it in a small bowl.
- Cut the orange into 4 pieces.
- In another small bowl, squeeze the orange nicely.
- Take a pan and put it on heat and add 1/2 cup of sugar into it.
- Add 3-4 small pieces of cinnamon into the pan.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water.
- With the help of a spatula stir, it and cook it until boil.
- Boil it for 5 minutes.
- When you see the thickness in the pan, just turn the flame low.
- Now, add orange zest in a pan.
- Add the orange juice to the pan.
- Stir it nicely and add 2-3 drops of blue color to it.
- Again mix the color with the help of a spatula and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, just turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Now, when it cools down completely just strain it in a small bowl.
- Finely, our homemade blue curacao syrup is ready.
Ingredients For Making Blue Curacao Lemonade:
- Lamons – 2.
- Blue Curacao Syrup – 1&1/2 tbsp.
- Ice cubes – as required.
- Soda water or any kind of white cold drink.
Directions For Making Blue Curacao Lemonade:
- First of all, halve the lemon with a knife and remove all lemon seeds and cut them into small pieces, and put them into glasses(one lemon for one glass).
- Now, crush the small lemon pieces with the help of a muddler and add mint leaves.
- Add ice cubes according to your own preferences.
- Now, add 1&1/2 tbsp of blue curacao syrup in glasses.
- At last, add soda water, or any kind of white cold drink.
- Finally, add a straw and stir and garnish of lemon or cherry it, and our homemade blue curacao lemonade is ready to serve.
Tried This Recipe:
If you have tried this refreshing homemade blue curacao lemonade recipe, then please consider leaving a 5star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the comments section(This will really help me a lot to post really good and tasty recipes) – I’d love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to @cookingwithguru and say hello ASAP!!