Vanilla Pound Cake | How to Make a Perfect Pound Cake!!
Vanilla pound cake is a classic recipe and this recipe is super easy to make with few ingredients.
How to make moist, buttery, and fluffy vanilla pound cake. Believe me, this vanilla pound cake just starts melting in your mouth.
In this recipe, you will learn step by step how to make a pound cake recipe with classic ingredients.
You can customize this pound cake recipe by adding some orange zest, lemon, raisins or you can add your favorite flavor!.
You can serve this vanilla pound cake with whipped cream, custard cream, fruit jam, chocolate ganache, or simply serve as it is.
Can We Freeze Pound Cake?
Yes, you can freeze pound cake and it will safe for about 3 months. Pound cake is perfect for making in advance/ahead and will keep in the freezer.
The very first step is, take a plastic wrap and make sure to wrap each slice of pound cake tightly in plastic wrap, the aluminum foil to keep any air out.
HOW LONG IS POUND CAKE GOOD FOR?
Take a plastic wrap and wrap your pound cake slices in this plastic wrap tightly and this will safe at room temperature for 3-4 days.
What Is The Difference Between Sponge Cake And Pound Cake?
Basically, there are two types of cakes. One is butter cake and another one is foam cake. Sponge cake basically is a foam cake and pound cake is a butter cake.
Actually, the main ingredients used to make both cakes are exactly the same. The difference is that sponge cake is fluffy and light. Because, we add whisked egg whites separately and yolks and pound cake are dense, hefty, and firm.
Some Ways to Serve Your Pound Cake Dessert:
The versatility of pound cakes its greatest power. You can serve vanilla pound cake in so many ways. But, I listed some of them below list.
- Top your pound cake with lemon curd, whipped cream, and berries.
- Dress pound cake with strawberry slices and lemon glaze.
- Use this pound cake for ice cream sandwiches.
- Tp pound cake with honey and banana.
- Grilled slices of pound cake and top with summer fruits.
Basically, you got a basic idea of serving, but the variations are endless.
Brief History Of Pound Cake:
Basically, pound cake originally named for its ingredients. As the cake called for a pound each of sugar, eggs, ap purpose flour, and butter. And due to this pound philosophy, the name was born. That’s a crazy one ASAP.
Ingredients For Making Pound Cake:
- All-purpose flour – 1+1/4 cup(150 grams).
- Cornstarch – 3 tbsp.
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt.
- Eggs – 3 at room temperature.
- Caster sugar – 3/4 cup(165 grams).
- Unsalted butter at room temperature – 3/4 cup(165 grams).
- Vanilla extract/vanilla paste – 2 tsp OR Vanilla bean seeds – 1/2.
- Sugar – 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla paste/extract – 1 tsp OR vanilla bean seeds – 1/4.
- Water – 3 tbsp.
Directions For Making Pound Cake:
Make Pound Cake:
- First of all, take a medium-size bowl.
- Now, sift together cornstarch, all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- Take another large mixing bowl and mix unsalted butter with a hand mixer for around 2 minutes at medium speed until the mixture is smooth and cray.
- Make sure to add sugar gradually and keep on mixing for around 4 minutes(To get soft pound cake, you have to incorporate air), and remember to scrape the mixing bowl often with the help of your spatula. You will get a very fluffy and pale butter mixture.
- Make sure, add one egg at a time and mix every egg for around 60 seconds until well incorporated.
- Incorporate vanilla.
- Now, take all the dry ingredients and sift them 2-3 times into the butter mixture and nicely/gently fold with the help of a spatula(Remember, don’t overmix the flour mix and don’t use the hand mixture here).
- Take a Pound Cake loaf pan (25cm-10 inch long) and place the dough into a greased floured and bottom-lined loaf pan.
- Now, take a knife and grease this knife with the help of melted butter and score a straight line in the center of vanilla pound cake(Now, this step will help your vanilla cake to crack in the middle).
- Bake vanilla pound cake in a no-fan preheated electric oven at 330°F-165°C for around 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from your pound cake(Be careful and do not overbake your pound cake).
- If you feel your vanilla pound cake burnt on top or you get taught crust, just lower the temperature of the oven and bake pound cake for longer.
- Finally, cool down the vanilla pound cake in its pan, so you will get a moist vanilla pound cake)Remember, cool pound cake for at least 40 minutes before unmolding it).
Make Vanilla Syrup:
- First of all, take a small saucepan.
- Now place sugar, water, and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium flame and boil for around 3 minutes until mixture is thickened but still clear.
- Unmold your vanilla pound cake when the cake is just slightly warm.
- Brush the top the sides too if you want) of vanilla pound cake with vanilla syrup.
- Dry a bit of the sugar syrup before serving it.
Finally, our delicious, yummy, fluffy vanilla pound cake is ready. I hope you will definitely like this vanilla pound cake recipe.
I am very happy to see your positive feedback about this vanilla pound cake recipe in the comment section.
If you make this pound cake, then just tag us on Instagram by typing @guru_recipes9 on Instagram. I will be very happy to see your recipe pictures. Thanks.
Here Are Some More Options: