Best Italian Penne Alla Vodka – Italian Penna Alla Vodka Recipe
Best Italian Penne alla vodka recipe is simply a delicious dish that will surprise any pasta lover. Now, adding vodka to the tomato-based sauce is a nice twist in penne alla vodka to a rather simple pasta dish.
This penne alla vodka is basically an Italian-American dish, that has stuck around for years because it is a simply creamy, delicious, and hearty dish, and the tomato sauce has a defined kick to it that is unique.
What Is Penne Alla Vodka Recipe Is?
Basically, it made traditionally with the red sauce which is made with tomatoes and with penne as pasta, pancetta or bacon, cream, and vodka. This penne alla vodka is an authentic American dish that has authentic Italian touches in its taste.
Now, interesting thing is that both countries America and Italy claimed that they invented this penne alla vodka dish. The origin is not defined but penne alla vodka grown popular in America in the disco scene of the ’80s.
Can We Make Penne Alla Vodka In Advance?
Yes, of course, you can make this dish in advance. Just cook the penne and sauce in advance, store separately both things in the fridge, then reheat them together on the stove before serving.
Can We Store Best Italian Penne Alla Vodka?
Yes, why not you can store this best Italian penne ala vodka dish. But, first of all, read the storing and freezing instructions.
Refrigerate: Penne Alla vodka good in the fridge for 3 to 5 days as long as properly/completely cooled and stored in an airtight container.
If you want to keep this dish for a week then store the sauce separately and this penne good for up to a week.
Freeze: You can also freeze this penne alla vodka dish. This dish can be frozen with the penne and sauce combined. The penne alla vodka dish lasts for up to two/2 months frozen in freezer bags.
Some Tips For Penne Ala Vodka Recipe:
Here are some tips that will help you to make the perfect best Italian penne alla vodka recipe.
- Use some other kinds of short pasta like rotini and rigatoni if you like.
- Tomato paste is a nice and good substitute and it has also a concentrated flavor making the sauce’s flavors richer and deeper.
- Add in grilled salmon bites, bacon bits, grilled chicken breast strips, or prosciutto to add a good amount of protein to the penne alla vodka dish.
What Goes Well With Best Italian Pene Alla Vodka Recipe?
Here are some pairing options, that you can use along with this penne vodka recipe.
- Roasted cauliflower.
- Roasted sweet potato fries.
- Tomato salad.
- Bacon-wrapped asparagus.
- Grilled chicken wings.
- Italian chopped salad.
- Broccoli cauliflower salad.
Does penne Alla Vodka Have Vodka?
Yes, due to its name. You can easily imagine that vodka is used in this penne alla vodka recipe. If you think that, you will get intoxicated by consuming vodka.
Then the answer is no. By the time, when you served this dish, you will no longer be able to discern the alcohol/vodka.
Vodka basically releases the flavors from tomatoes that are only possible with the addition of vodka/alcohol.
This is the most popular technique in Italian cuisine. Another function of vodka is to keep the cream and oil emulsified.
Prepare time: 5-6 min Cook: 20 min Ready in 25-26 min
Ingredients For Making Best Italian Penne Alla Vodka:
- Smoked salmon – 2 slices(80 grams).
- Unsalted Butter – 1/2 tbsp.
- Vodka – 1/3 cup(80 ml).
- Room temprature cream(35% fat), 3/4cup + 2 tbsp(200 grams).
- Peeled canned whole tomatoes – 500 grams.
- Salt to taste.
- Penne pasta – 400 grams.
- Parmesan cheese, or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated fresh parsley, chopped.
Directions For Making Best Italian Penne Alla Vodka:
- The very first step is to take your salmon and cut smoked salmon into medium-size pieces and keep them aside for further use.
- Now, take peeled canned tomatoes and chop these tomatoes or puree them (if you prefer a smooth sauce(is not needful to puree).
- Take a medium-size bowl and place chopped tomatoes in this mixing bowl and the water tomatoes in the can(if your tomatoes haven’t watered in the can, and add about 1/2 cup of water), and set this bowl aside for further use.
- Now, take a large pan and place unsalted butter into this pan and melt the unsalted butter at medium flame until very warm.
- Ok, now we add chopped salmon and stir, and cook it for about 2-3 minutes over medium flame until almost done but still soft, pink, and not brown.
- Make sure, if your flame is too high, then low the flame and add vodka9you can also turn off the flame when you add vodka to avoid that alcool in flame in it touches the flame, not needful if you have an induction cooktop).
- Now, reduce over medium flame for few times(about 2 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, low the flame, and cover the pan with a lid and cook until becomes thick(for around 25 minutes).
- Now, we add cream and stir until well combined.
- Reduce over low medium flame for few minutes(the sauce will runny and creamy, not too thick).
- Now cook the penne pasta in boiling salted water.
- Properly drain the pasta when is very “al dente” and reserve its cooking water.
- Make sure to add drained hot pasta immediately to the sauce and mix over medium flame.
- Now, add some hot pasta’s cooking water to the sauce and mix nicely until getting the desired creamy consistency(make sure the sauce will be not too watery, not too runny, but not too thick.
- Finally, take it out in a serving dish and top it with some parsley and grated Parmigiano cheese
- Make sure to serve immediately this best Italian penne alla vodka when it is very hot.
Ok, our delicious, creamy, and hearty Italian style penne alla vodka recipe is ready to serve. If you try this delicious and creamy recipe. Then let me know in the comment section.
I love to read your valuable comments. Believe me, your comments really motivate me to bring some more delicious recipes for you. Just post the picture of your recipe on Instagram and tag us by typing @guru_recipes9 on Instagram. Thanks
Here Is Some more Options Fo You: