AUTHENTIC INDIAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | RESTAURANT STYLE CHICKEN GRAVY | CHICKEN GRAVY RECIPE | CHICKEN RECIPE | INDIAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
Authentic Indian chicken curry recipe belongs to Indian cuisine. And you know these Indian cuisines are very aromatic and flavorful.
Don’t worry this authentic Indian chicken curry recipe is also very aromatic and flavorful in taste. If you try Indian food before then you must know about the taste and flavors of these dishes.
And being a loyal Indian food lover, you must have to try this authentic Indian chicken curry recipe.
The taste and aroma of this authentic Indian chicken curry recipe as the same as you can get in any restaurant.
Believe me, This homemade authentic Indian chicken curry recipe has more tasteful and flavorful than restaurant one.
Very Flavorful and aromatic:
Thanks to all the spices that make this Indian chicken curry delicious and flavorful. This restaurant-style Indian chicken curry is very hearty and creamy when you taste this with naan, roti, chappati, or basmati rice.
Now, you can try the different things with chicken and make delightful and very tasty recipes. But I love this flavorful, aromatic, and spicy North Indian chicken curry.
This authentic Indian chicken curry recipe is super simple and super easy to make.
Can We Use Chicken Thighs In Authentic Indian Chicken Curry Recipe?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs in restaurant-style Indian chicken curry. Just cut the excess amount of fat from chicken thighs, and after cutting the fat just increase the cooking time a bit. Because thighs take more time to cook than chicken breasts.
You can use chicken breasts too for this Indian curry recipe. But in a particular recipe, I use chicken pieces with bones.
Ingredients For Authentic Indian Chicken Curry Recipe:
The ingredients required for this recipe is very simple. You don’t need so many ingredients for making this Indian curry recipe.
I believe, all the ingredients that we use in this recipe are already present in your hand, like onions, garlic, chicken, etc.
Difference Between Curry Chicken And Chicken Curry:
Honestly, there is no difference while you see these words. But believe me, there is a difference. Lol.
We make Curry chicken with a large piece of chicken with curry seasoning, usually baked or sauteed.
While on the other hand, Chicken curry is made with smaller pieces of chicken and this is a curry gravy basically, and usually, we use some kind of vegetables in chicken curry, at least we use peppers and onions.
Is Chicken Curry Healthy For weight loss?
Don’t be afraid to include chicken into your weight loss diet. Because this is lean meat and a rich source of protein.
But, avoid all the rich sauces and creamy curries, and prepare chicken in a healthy manner with a mix of fresh herbs and some spices.
Can We Freeze Authentic Indian Chicken Curry Recipe?
Yes, why not. You can freeze Indian chicken curry. But read the instructions first.
After making the authentic Indian chicken curry recipe, keep it aside for cool down. Now, take an airtight container and place your curry in this container.
And freeze it. Just defrost the curry in the refrigerator overnight, then just reheat the Indian chicken curry as per “make-ahead” instructions below.
Can We Make Indian Chicken Curry Ahead?
Of course, you can make this curry ahead. And the taste of this chicken curry is really great. Just read instructions first.
First of all, make the Indian chicken curry, then keep it aside for cool down, after cooling cover the curry, and refrigerate the curry for up to two days.
Just take a pan and reheat the curry on medium flame(here you need to add a splash of water just to loosen the curry) until the chicken curry is piping hot throughout.
Serving Options For Authentic Indian Chicken Curry Recipe:
Here are some options that you can include while serving restaurant-style Indian chicken curry.
You can serve Indian chicken curry along with chapati, roti, naan, simply boiled rice, raita, or along with fresh onion, tomato, and coriander salad.
Prepare time: 5-7 min Cook: 23-25 min Ready in 29-30 min
Ingredients For Restaurant Style Chicken Gravy:
- 500 grams – Chicken, curry cut pieces with bones.
- 2 tsp – Ginger-Garlic paste.
- 2 medium – Chopped onions.
- 4 tbsp – Oil.
- 1 tsp -Salt.
Ingredients For Making Cashew-Red Chilli-Tomato paste:
- 2 medium – red ripe tomatoes.
- 5-6 no – Whole red chilies.
- 10 – Cashew nuts.
Some Powders That We Use:
- 1 tsp – Red chili powder.
- 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder.
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder.
- 1/2 tsp – Garam masala powder.
- 1 tsp (crushed and roasted) – Fenugreek leaves(Kasuri methi).
Preparation Process For Restaurant Style Chicken Gravy:
- First of all chop the onions and quarter the 2 tomatoes.
- Now, take a pan and dry roast the cashew nuts and red chilies on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- After time completed, keep aside to cool.
- Now, coarse grind first nuts and chilies and then add quartered tomatoes.
- Blend them until the mixture turns into a smooth paste.
- Again dry roast the fenugreek leaves in the pan and allow them to cool down.
- After that, just crush these leaves lightly with the help of your hands.
Directions For Restaurant Style Chicken Gravy:
- The very first step is, take a pan.
- Now, add mentioned amount of oil to a pan and heat the oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onions and fry on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes. till translucent.
- Now, we add ginger garlic paste and fry them for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and mix it properly.
- After adding a splash of water, fry it on low flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the chicken pieces to the pan and mix them properly.
- After adding chicken and mixing, now fry them on a low flame for around 5-6 minutes until the chicken is browned properly.
- Now, we add salt and mix everything in the pan properly.
- Add red chili, cashew nuts, and tomato paste, give a proper mix to everything, and fry them for 5-6 minutes on medium flame till oil separates nicely.
- Now, we add garam masala powder and mix everything nicely and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 200 ml of water and mix everything nicely and cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- When 15 minutes are completed, just remove the lid from the pan and add Kasuri methi(Fenugreek leaves), give a nice mix to everything, and simmer for around 2 minutes.
- Finally, our delicious restaurant style chicken gravy is ready to serve.
Finally, our delicious and flavorful authentic Indian chicken curry recipe is ready to serve. Believe me, your whole family just loved this recipe.
If you try this aromatic and delicious Indian chicken curry recipe. Then just post a picture of this recipe on Instagram and tag us by typing @guru_recipes9 on Instagram.
This will really motivate me to bring more delicious stuff for you guys. Thanks.